Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new mossberg 930 spx jamming

wanderer

guys

friend just bought a new 930 spx and first range trip resulted in 4 jams.

with the shotgun upside down looking into the mag well, the elevator is jammed down and slightly to the right and jammed under the rear of the shell stop located on the left side of the receiver.

does that make sense.

anyone come across this, any fixes out there.

thanks

Edited by wanderer

Mine was doing the same thing. It seems the carrier/litter is getting bent and that's what usually. aides the problem. I straighted mine out and it worked for alittle while....they won't sell just the carrier/lifter to people.

Sent mine to Benny Hill.

Hi Pete

I brought the standard 930 with 18 & 1/2 barrel.

Every now and then it will fail to extract, leave the case in the chamber & try and stuff the next round up its backside, which results in a very hard to clear jam.

It seems to be solved by using Winchester 7 & 1/2 target loads with the steel rim.

Let you know more when I have figured something out

Cheers

Aaron

This has happened to me also. Found that it only happens when I was shooting heavier buckshot. I don't know of a fix...so I just stick with other loads and chokes.

ok, was sighting in slugs at the time so maybe similar.

not quite so easy to send to mossberg or benny from new zealand, looking at it the trigger assy could do with a shim anyway, if i push it over to the left side it may help it from jamming over the right side.

i found threads on other forums that say "only does it empty, just live with it" a lot. but it was doing it with rounds still in the mag tube, maybe i have a ftf from tube that is then resulting in the problem.

i think it's going to go back to the dealer and they can sort it or replace it.

thanks guys.

Hi Pete

I brought the standard 930 with 18 & 1/2 barrel.

Every now and then it will fail to extract, leave the case in the chamber & try and stuff the next round up its backside, which results in a very hard to clear jam.

It seems to be solved by using Winchester 7 & 1/2 target loads with the steel rim.

Let you know more when I have figured something out

Cheers

Aaron

hey aaron

never had a FTE, and empry it's easy to replicate problem, but it failed with rounds in the tube but no round on the elevator.