Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters with no USPSA number

Corey

So, our local match tends to have 3-5 shooters with no USPSA affiliation that just like to come out and shoot with us. We had a new shooter this past month (match on the 17th) who didnt have a number on match day, but does now. Do I need to do anything with the scores on the match (they have been posted to USPSA, but not the classifier info yet). I can go back in and add his number to the registration and rerun the scores and re-update the upload, but is it necessary? Will HQ just figure it out and give him the classifier score from this past match on his now new number?

Thanks

From the uspsa.org home page, you can go to Club Support -> Classifier Corrections

(or click here).

Fill out the brief form and his record will reflect the classifier at the next update.

no real need to re-upload the scores.

edit: just noticed the bit about not having sent in the classifier report yet. I would just update in the software and submit the report. still see no need to re-upload the scores.

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Corey, If his scores went into USPSA without his USPSA number in it...or PENDING...then get his information, hit factor, classifier number and classifier name and go to the USPSA web site and go to club support. Top right icon you will see Classifier Corrections. Click there and create a correction for that competitor on the classifier your club shot.

If you rerun the classifier report in EZWinsocre and resubmit, USPSA might want to charge you the entire match fees again...don't do that.

They won;'t pick it up for classification without an USPSA number, or without "PENDING" in the USPSA number field. (If pending, they need to join up in 2 weeks or so, IIRC)

BTW...match scores are a whole different file from classification scores. (Wasn't sure from your post that you were making that distinction) Both need to be uploaded. Posting scores to USPSA doesn't take care of the classification info.

Might be best to call the home office?

So, our local match tends to have 3-5 shooters with no USPSA affiliation that just like to come out and shoot with us. We had a new shooter this past month (match on the 17th) who didnt have a number on match day, but does now. Do I need to do anything with the scores on the match (they have been posted to USPSA, but not the classifier info yet). I can go back in and add his number to the registration and rerun the scores and re-update the upload, but is it necessary? Will HQ just figure it out and give him the classifier score from this past match on his now new number?

Thanks

Since you have not uploaded the classifier file---add his USPSA number to his record in EZWIN-rerun the scores and then generate an new classifier upload file and the classifier will be counted. The local upload for scores is a separate process from classification uploads.

They won;'t pick it up for classification without an USPSA number, or without "PENDING" in the USPSA number field. (If pending, they need to join up in 2 weeks or so, IIRC)

BTW...match scores are a whole different file from classification scores. (Wasn't sure from your post that you were making that distinction) Both need to be uploaded. Posting scores to USPSA doesn't take care of the classification info.

Might be best to call the home office?

Oh I know! I put the scores up right away when I get home from a match but I wait on the classifier upload/payment a week or two in case someone comes to me with a problem that I missed/screwed up.

It doesn't hurt to reupload the match results but it isn't essential.

If you haven't uploaded the classifier activity reporting yet, yes, PLEASE put in the USPSA number before you do so. Each "PEN"ding uspsa# I believe require manual intervention at the office, it should never be used except for those who really intend to join USPSA before the next classification update cycle. A blank uspsa# is an automatic non-match; the person won't get any classification data processed.

My practice before uploading classifier activity reporting is to check each pending competitor at http://www.USPSA.org/lookup-by-name.php. Put in the last name and see if a new high uspsa# turns up for the person located in your state. That will be them.

Edited by wgnoyes