Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Components extension tubes

maka

I'm looking for an extension tube for my Benelli M2 with a 26" barrel. I am torn between the +6, +7 and +8 sizes. Unfortunately, I've been reduced to simply measuring and imagining things in my head as opposed to actually seeing those three tubes on a 26" M2.

If anyone has a 26" M2 with either +6, +7, +8 tubes, would you be so kind as to post a pic of it so I could hopefully better visualize what I'm dwelling on? Likewise, any pros/cons or suggestions are more than welcomed. I'm looking at this primarily for IPSC Standard Shotgun.

The +6 will be quite short, the +7 should be just about right , and the +8 will stick out a bit. I would go with the +7 if you are thinking of aesthetics...

Also, take into consideration if you use extended choke tubes.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m Using a plus 8 with a 1 ½ cap for 12 in the tube with a 26 in barrel. I did not like the look and feel of it at first but I am used to it now and its great. I shoot open class.

The +7 is indeed the extension with the 26" M2 in mind. With extended choke tubes, you will often see a flush fit.

Keep in mind, too, you are not limited to the +7 for that barrel length. If you wish to use the +8 for the additional capacity, you won't damage or shoot your tube with that level of overhang.

Matt1911, thanks for the pics. Really helps when you see it. As opposed to figuring it out with a tape measure... ;)

I'm definitely leaning towards the +7, should be a good fit. How do you find swapping out chokes when it extends past the barrel? Any thoughts on clamping the tube to the barrel?

I use a quarter to change chokes out. The tube hinders a little bit, but not enough to worry about.

I personally don't want to use a tube clamp because it Will change my poi. The Nordic tubes are pretty damn tough as it is so I really don't see a need for it, some do.

If you decide to get a tube clamp, definitely get the Nordic.

I use a quarter to change chokes out. The tube hinders a little bit, but not enough to worry about.

I personally don't want to use a tube clamp because it Will change my poi. The Nordic tubes are pretty damn tough as it is so I really don't see a need for it, some do.

If you decide to get a tube clamp, definitely get the Nordic.

Matt a tube clamp can change POI? Had no idea.

When you screw the tube into the nut, do not crank down on the tube to lock it into the nut. Find where the tube stops, then back it out a quarter to half turn so the tube floats. The clamp will then orient the tube with respect to the barrel instead of the other way around.

Also be sure to add some non slip material like electrical tape to the inside of the clamp or outside of the tube to stop the clamp or tube from moving under recoil.

Mick

The tube clamp can push up on the barrel and therefore change the poi at distance.

When you screw the tube into the nut, do not crank down on the tube to lock it into the nut. Find where the tube stops, then back it out a quarter to half turn so the tube floats. The clamp will then orient the tube with respect to the barrel instead of the other way around.

Also be sure to add some non slip material like electrical tape to the inside of the clamp or outside of the tube to stop the clamp or tube from moving under recoil.

Mick

The tube clamp can push up on the barrel and therefore change the poi at distance.

Thanks for the tip!

I also add a small white line at the base of the tube where it meets the nut at the 6 o'clock position. This will tell me if there has been any movement of the tube from the nut. The results can be interesting.

Ask me how I know. Stealthyblagga has the video...

:-)

Mick