Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm major reloading issues

GPRifle

HAHAHAAHAH

GUYS i just woke up after 3 long night shifts! I am total dumb ASS. I read 1.150 and was thinking 1.115 now that I have some sleep no 1.155 is straight

IMG_1139.jpg 9.2 grains of hs-6 which @ an oal of 1.115 would be pretty compresed at 1.15 not so much :surprise::roflol:

Edited by Mat Price

Wow. This thing went in all different directions. On a side note to the original poster. After you get your loads sorted out, chamber check each and every round. Chamber checking is taking the barrel out of the gun and dropping each round into the chamber, then tip it over to drop it out. Each round should go in and fall out nice and easy. If not you still have ammo issues.

Step two, if after you have your ammo sorted out. If the gun still hiccups, time for magazine check up. Tons of good reading on this if you have the time and don't mind a little elbow grease. Mag tuning is easy, just time consuming. I'd recommend getting a good gunsmith to tune mags if you don't have the tools or time. You can also order tuned mags.

Step three well, come back and we can all make a mess and go off topic then come up with a solution.

Anyways, given that factory stuff runs. I bet once your ammo is sorted out your feed problems will most likely go away. Now it was hinted that ammo won't be the reason. Maybe so, but before you file, tinker, or spend money. Get the Ammo sorted out, at the very least it will take that out of the equation.

Wow. This thing went in all different directions. On a side note to the original poster. After you get your loads sorted out, chamber check each and every round. Chamber checking is taking the barrel out of the gun and dropping each round into the chamber, then tip it over to drop it out. Each round should go in and fall out nice and easy. If not you still have ammo issues.

Step two, if after you have your ammo sorted out. If the gun still hiccups, time for magazine check up. Tons of good reading on this if you have the time and don't mind a little elbow grease. Mag tuning is easy, just time consuming. I'd recommend getting a good gunsmith to tune mags if you don't have the tools or time. You can also order tuned mags.

Step three well, come back and we can all make a mess and go off topic then come up with a solution.

Anyways, given that factory stuff runs. I bet once your ammo is sorted out your feed problems will most likely go away. Now it was hinted that ammo won't be the reason. Maybe so, but before you file, tinker, or spend money. Get the Ammo sorted out, at the very least it will take that out of the equation.

+1 :cheers:

Getting enough powder to make good PF and running the the comp effectively with 147 gr bullet may be tough because of its length. Try 124 gr so you can load shorter (as many already said 1.165 - 1.170).

Mmm... where did I see 147 gr? my mistake.

Edited by 1911HiPower