Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diagnose This CED M2 Failure...

So this unit is not in the best shape... Long story short, I was testing loads on a very windy day, saw the chrono start to tip over as I was about to break a shot, and decided that instead of waiting, I would go for it... Skimmed the top of the front sensor (very shallow groove that I filed/sanded out of the way of the sensor) and got a little meat out of the stop sensor, veritably blowing out the back of the housing.

Although I was unable to return the little plastic inner screen to its place, I used some high speed tape and re-created the housing. The chrono worked (tested with known loads) extremely well... until today.

I was running the new Open gun, and literally ran the thing out as far as the cords would allow in the process of my testing.

I continued to get a sensor failure (E1) on the rear, that had been shot. I checked the cords and ports, adjusted for perfect sunlight, backed up even further... Nada.

On a whim, I made the shot up sensor the front and began getting start sensor errors (E0) instead.

Just wanted to double check that this sensor finally crapped the bed before I set out to order another one. I'm going to try it with Minor loads, as perhaps something about the Open Major round is throwing off the damaged sensor. In any event-- I'm not missing anything, am I?

I don't think you shot it enough times. It seems pretty sassy based on your description, and the reality is that you just don't need any more guff from this swine. Take it to an open field with a baseball bat, and have a talk.

I don't think you shot it enough times. It seems pretty sassy based on your description, and the reality is that you just don't need any more guff from this swine. Take it to an open field with a baseball bat, and have a talk.

:D

:roflol:

I had the dot on the offending sensor more than once, with most of the slack out of the trigger...

I think before I totally scrap it, I'll check it with the Production Minor load and see. It may come down to building some kind of temporary blast shield-- I was literally 3 yards further than the cords would stretch to the main unit at one point, still getting nothing.

The first few shots actually gave me ridiculous readings-- 4300, 3800, etc. That seemed a lot like muzzle blast to me, as I'd experienced it before. After that, it just shut down and kept giving me 0000. Mebbie I muzzle blasted it to the afterlife...

• 1 month later...