Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switching to Benelli

Zebraman

I am going to be switching from the Remington 1187 that I have been using in the open class to a Benelli. I was wondering if the TecLoader tubes that I have will also work with a Benelli? I know that the TecLoader tubes are slightly different as the Remington has a longer piece in front. But does this need to be modified to be used with the Benelli, or can I just use them as is?

Also, does anyone know if ArmsTec is still in business?

Thanks,

Z

Can't help you on the tubes working for both guns but Brownells still has ARMSTECH loaders on their website. You could call Brownells and see if they will compare the tubes for you. They are a great company to deal with.

Doug

Brownells 1-800-741-0015

I tried and used the Rem tubes on a Benelli, you can use them if you cut the tongue to the Benelli length, the Rem length is a bit long. My memory says about 3/8in shorter, but check against an actual Benelli tube to be sure. I don't trust my memory, so why should you? :wacko:

jj

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve run Benelli , Remington and Winchester tubes in My M2. The extra length does not seem to be a bother but you can cut them down easy enough. Something to keep in mind if you ever shoot full power slugs they are longer than standard birdshot rounds and the longer tongue on the Rem or Win tube is helpful. If your shells stick out past the tongue it will put the leading round into a bind when it’s depressing the loading gate and can cause problems.

• 4 months later...