Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Craigslist scammers

JDHunz

So as I shift my photography interests and try to sell a rather $$$ lens, I hate getting scammers who are obviously not here in the US and then try and bully the sale. One just last night informed me he was in TX and was leaving for a 3rd world country soon, so "hurry up please and tell me how to pay!" After doing a little research, the peron doesn't even exist... Sad that some just can't make an honest living and instead try to scam/steal from others. :angry2:

Craigslist is overrun with liars and thieves; that's not a rebuttal, that's a fact borne out by personal experience and I'll have nothing to do with it. If you EVER go to meet anyone in a CL deal, bring your carry gun, bring someone with you who has his/her carry gun as well, and demand cash only. It's the only place in the world where you can arrange to meet someone about whom you know absolutely nothing and they want something you have. Uh-uh! Bad idea.

Yeh, and you should see the equally phony JOB listings!! Fortunately, their phoniness is pretty obvious so it's easy to bypass them... but what a waste of time and space!! :angry2::angry2:

Interestingly, though, I've had two or three perfectly cool job interviews thru these ads and/or interesting conversation with new employer contacts that were totally legit' and worth my while. :)

Edited by SiG Lady

Recently a Craig's List deal went down on some Tenni shoes in a walmart parking lot in San Antonio. The buyer showed up shot the seller and took off with the shoes, the guys car and eveything in it. He did survive.

If you want an education in what really goes on in your area get on a Grand Jury, it is incrediable we did 50 to 75 cases every day for 2 months.