Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dark Ops Knives?

TriggerT

I noticed an add for a new knife company called "Dark-Ops Knives" which looks to have been started by a former SEAL. The knives are mostly fixed blade, and made for the people who REALLY need those types of tools, unlike most of us. What I really like on their website was one of the lines they use when decribing their blades:

"Strategically placed blood grooves control blood spray in covert deanimation activities."

While a little sugar coated, it is interesting language to describe what their blades are REALLY designed for. Gave me a laugh anyway, but some say I'm sick in the head. :wacko:

The knives may be fine, or not, but either way the site is sooooo Tactabilly/Wannabe that it made me chuckle. ;)

-ld

No question. Most of these knives will be sold to "Wanna Be's" who will probably cut themselves more than anything else. There are a small # though who might want a blade such as this. Guy I shoot with might be going over to Afghanistan for 6 weeks; he would qualify.

Gee what a shock a company selling "new" Hi tech knives/whatever started by a former SEAL/SF/Delta. :rolleyes: Sure are a lot of Spec ops guys :ph34r: making and selling shit these days. I guess I should retire that old outdated K-bar that has only been around for about 90 years right along with my 1911 and buy some new geewhiz hi-tech modern stuff because it kills so much better because I bought it from a SEAL. Gimme a F'ing break! :wacko:

For years I was good friends with the owner of a holster company who did work for SEAL Team Six. He described for me a conversation he had with the guy who was, at the time, honest-to-God, no possibility of BS, the leader of SEAL Team Six, on the subject of the knives you see in magazines: "Made for use by SEALs!" The team leader said bluntly, "Glock knives. That's what we use. You occasionally see a guy with a really fancy, handmade knife, but for most of us, we just want something we can use and abuse, and then throw away and grab another one."

Liota and I used to shoot with SEAL-1 fairly regularly. I considered them adequate, at best, with handguns. Pretty salty (so to speak) with subguns, though.

But I digress.

Back in The Nam, to be an operator one had to have a P35, Rolex, and a Randall. I thought that now one had to have a SOCOM, Omega, and a Emerson...but I was wrong.

We found that most of 'em wore POS Casio watches and the 12-for-$20 Chinese knock-off craptacular folding knives. When questioned, they said that when you drop a $475 Ernie Emerson in the drink, you felt obligated to go in after it. When you dropped a $2 folder, hey, it is gone.

That doesn't stop me from hanging a Reeve Project I off my web gear, but I don't work around water <_<

Alex