Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

finally recieved a classification!

I finally recieved a classification in uspsa and recieved my card! I got D class but thats ok, i just need to keep working and practicing. the goal is to get to b class by the end of the year!

Congrats and welcome to the game!

Keep up the great attitude and the practice... most importantly have fun!

;)

Thanks guys! I am doing my best, i compete in 3 gun and uspsa, but doing that and raising a family gets hard at times,i love shooting but family is first,but my step daughter is showing interest so im hoping to make it a family sport. :)

Congratulations on your classification. So what do you need to work on to get up to B? Improving speed, accuracy of is it a combination of the two. I am a B now and to get to A I need to improve my speed on transitions and first shot placement. We all tag the occasional Hard Cover or No Shoot, but an advantage to being a B shooter or better is that classifiers like that almost immediately tank your score enough that they will not count towards your average anyways.

Take your time and make the shots count. Six solid upper D or low C runs will help a lot moving you up because they will start dropping off as you turn in solid C runs, then upper C/ low B, and finally into solid B runs.

I finally recieved a classification in uspsa and recieved my card! I got D class but thats ok, i just need to keep working and practicing. the goal is to get to b class by the end of the year!

I thought the goal was to enter a major match and win the D class and get a motorhome as a prize. :devil::sight:

Heh heh, just kidding there.

Seriously I'm in the same boat. I'm shooting solid c scores now, but I did every possible thing wrong my first few classifiers, and then switched to production (from limited) so it will take a few more matches to move up. What was killing me was mikes and no-shoots. It only takes 1 of either to take a decent score and turn it into an embarassing debacle, so I slowed down enough to make sure I at least get all hits, and presto, the percentages went up.

Figure out what your weaknesses are, and work on them the most. :cheers:

i struggle with mics alot and also rushing through the stage. i need to become fast at movement but slow and steady with shots. i enjoy it alot and do my best, so i feeel like as long as i keep the mental attitude of enjoyment but also for improvement the physical will follow

i struggle with mics alot and also rushing through the stage. i need to become fast at movement but slow and steady with shots. i enjoy it alot and do my best, so i feeel like as long as i keep the mental attitude of enjoyment but also for improvement the physical will follow

A drill you can set up is to place several targets at increasing distances and then practice walking towards them while getting your hits.

A test you can set up if you have the targets and the walls is to start in box 1, have a group of 3 targets visible at box 2, and another set of 3 visible at box 3. Run it a couple of times going from box to box and engaging each array.

Now try it by hustling to position 1.5 where the first target becomes visible and slowing your pace down. As you move from 1.5 to 2 engage the targets. Hustle to position 2.5, slow down and engage the remaining 3 targets as you move towards 3. You will find that you shoot it quicker if you never really stop until you have engaged all 6 targets. You just need to develop the ability to shoot on the move and determine how quickly you can move while still shooting accurately.

Enough practice and you can shoot it like a GM. There are videos out there where you can cover the feet and see the upper body flowing smoothly through the stage. Cover the upper body and you will see the feet just flying as they run down the course. The trick is trying to separate the upper body stability from the lower body movement.

Enough practice and you can shoot it like a GM. There are videos out there where you can cover the feet and see the upper body flowing smoothly through the stage. Cover the upper body and you will see the feet just flying as they run down the course. The trick is trying to separate the upper body stability from the lower body movement.

Like a tank. Think of the turret and the treads.