Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Typo or Really Good Deal ?

captray

Coulda/shoulda/woulda.....

The point I was making when I started this fire was ONCE I'D KNOWN it was an honest mistake, I [repeat "I"] wouldn't feel right about buying the product at that price.

Best read in the world:

Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me

Will clearly explain what's going on here if you read it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, more than anything it was Jon's attitude or apparent lack of caring. This morning I received a reply from him that said "I cancelled the order. Sorry". No "hey, you own another STI, how about I make you a deal on some mags to make up for it", or anything remotely along those lines. I make plenty of mistakes, and when I do I express heartfelt remorse to those affected and try to make the situation right, or at least better. Nothing I have received from him has even attempted to offer any type of resolution.

Here is the text of the email I received from Oak Hill Enterprises:

You have placed the following order on the Oak Hill website.

ItemID Description Price Quantity Shipping Cost

740382435 STI Grandmaster 38 Super C-More D/T HC *NEW* $ 2299.00 1 0.00

At the top of the message was a banner heading that says Oak Hills Enterprises. Underneath was a banner that said Powered by GunsAmerica Commerce.

At the time I placed the order I didn't consider it an obvious typo. As another poster said, it could be that he needed some money and was closing it out at cost or close to cost, or willing to lose money to raise cash. I don't know what the dealer pays for a new STI.

The fact is that Oak Hill has offered nothing in the way of resolution. I think that is a pretty horrible way to run a business.

I may or may not press the issue. It probably isn't worth the negative energy and time, but I will certainly not ever consider doing business with Oak Hill Enterprise or recommend them to anyone. There is a part of me that wants to press the issue simply because he has been so blase about it.

The buyer should have called to confirm the price before ordering. If a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.

So, you're blaming the buyer for an advertised price on a site that was vouched for by a few people on this very thread?

Yeah. Like I said, I didn't know that it was a mistake. I have bought stuff from desperate sellers before. If they only have one to sell, as another poster had said may have been the case here, if you don't get it, you lose out. I took it to be a valid price. It appeared on the Oak Hill website as well as on Guns America for the same price. I purchased it and had my dealer fax a copy of their FFL. Other people in this thread did vouch and say he was a good guy to do business with. Reading his feedback on Guns America I see that there is at least one other person that didn't have a sale honored because he said it was an old ad or something.

ON EDIT: If anyone would like to see a copy of the order confirmation email that I received from Oak Hill just pm me an email address and I will forward it to you.

Edited by drysideshooter

Coulda/shoulda/woulda.....The point I was making when I started this fire was ONCE I'D KNOWN it was an honest mistake, I [repeat "I"] wouldn't feel right about buying the product at that price.Best read in the world:Mistakes Were Made But Not By MeWill clearly explain what's going on here if you read it.

Are you saying that we know it's wrong to hold a seller to the advertised price, but we convince ourselves its ok?

So, who is fooling themselves? The buyer, who made a purchase and was confirmed of the price twice, or the seller, who said he made a mistake and can't sell it for that price and terminated a sale?

No sense beating this dead horse until the thread gets closed. I don't know Jon, and I am sure he may be a great guy. I don't think the way he handled this transaction was the best way to handle it, but it's his business and he is free to run it as he sees fit.

One thing I appreciate about the Enos forums is the general lack of negativity and petty crap. I think this may be starting to fall in to that and I for one won't engage in it any more. People can draw their own conclusions and choose to do business with Oak Hill or not.

The buyer should have called to confirm the price before ordering. If a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.

So, you're blaming the buyer for an advertised price on a site that was vouched for by a few people on this very thread?

Yes.