Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more or Burris?

gator11

I just joined a local club and want to shoot steel with my Ruger 22/45 TacSol upper. Which red dot do you think will do, the C-more or Burris Fastfire III? My main concern is ability to see shooting both at the outdoor and indoor range. Neither is cheap but I have heard "buy once, cry once" and think that's probably the truth. I may also use the red dot for my Glock at some point also. Was hoping to get some feedback from guy's who use them. Thanks in advance for the opinions.

Fastfire III worked better for me on a glock. I had failure to eject with the c-more covering the port. But the Cmore was easier to see because you could set the brightness as you needed.

I agree with goat about the brightness on the Cmore, being able to adjust it is nice.

I run C-mores on both my Open guns, on Quinn mounts, ejection issues are moot,...I have both dial up and the click version...I like the click a little better I think.

If I were to get another one it will be in aluminum so the set screws have better bite and set, the polymer (plastic) c-mores, I have had to change screws out on them and they dont seem to lock down tight enough on one of mine,...they come loose a bit I found. Either way its still C-More's for me....I like being able to change the dot in a few minutes if I need to by pulling the diode and adding another.

I know several folks that run the Ultradot Pan AV (~$240) on Rugers for steel. You have a choice of reticles

and the frame that holds the glass is very thin, that allows good visibility on 3 sides.

Ray