Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miles Per Year For Cycle Riders

I have seen several threads on here about motorcycles, and as I was enjoying my 65 mile ride into work this morning I was wondering how many miles per year some of the members on the forum put on their motorcycles. Not a shooting related question, but what WTF.

As for me, I average about 3200 miles per year.

Also, do you ride you bike to shooting matches? I usually don't due to the amount of gear I have to haul with me.

I used to do about 10,000 mi per year on my primary bike and I don't know how much on the others. (I think I had up to a half dozen at any one time.) I only had a 5 mile city commute and I avoided freeways.

Trigger,

Just got back from the ICORE match in Michigan today, took the bike, loaded it full and took off. Left saturday at 3pm, returned today at 4pm, @ 450 miles round trip. Chicago sucks, I keep missing my exit for WI. But with the bike the illegal u-turns on the interstate are a breeze.

I was only riding about 150-200 miles per week. It's not that hard since the average ride was 30 miles. Just for comparison, pro riders like Lance Armstrong do about 500-600 per week between training and racing.

BTW, my longest ride was 206 miles in one day. It was an organized ride that was 200 miles, but I had to ride to the start line.

I have seen several threads on here about motorcycles, and as I was enjoying my 65 mile ride into work this morning I was wondering how many miles per year some of the members on the forum put on their motorcycles. Not a shooting related question, but what WTF.

As for me, I average about 3200 miles per year.

Also, do you ride you bike to shooting matches? I usually don't due to the amount of gear I have to haul with me.

Here is a good average: my motorcycle just turned 25 (years old) and rolled the odometer to 70,000 miles. That is a shade under 3000 per year. When you are young, you ride more. As you get older, you treasure the creature comforts of your car more. I still us my MC to commute 20 miles a day in decent weather to do my part to save gas.