Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Slide lock Lever Broke

Deck

I was practicing at the range the other day with my 5" 40 M&P and noticed that the left side slide lock lever was missing, It appeared that it sheered off somehow. I was able to continue shooting and I called Smith when I got home and they sent me out a new one at no charge, I got it in two days... Great Service from S&W. Anyone else have this issue?

I had the same happen to my 9MM Pro. It looked like my Blade-Tech DOH was a little tight in that area. So I used a Dremel on it.

I was practicing at the range the other day with my 5" 40 M&P and noticed that the left side slide lock lever was missing, It appeared that it sheered off somehow. I was able to continue shooting and I called Smith when I got home and they sent me out a new one at no charge, I got it in two days... Great Service from S&W. Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone else have this issue?

I had this happen with my wife's M&P too. The pistols striker's also broke while dry firing. S&W replaced the striker but told me (at a later date) that they wouldn't cover the slide stop; I had to buy a new one from Midway.

I guess that is why it was replaces so fast, b/c its a common issue that they are aware of. I use a race holster so I know that isn't the issue with mine. Gonna pick another one up just to be safe..

Anyone else have this issue?

I had this happen with my wife's M&P too. The pistols striker's also broke while dry firing. S&W replaced the striker but told me (at a later date) that they wouldn't cover the slide stop; I had to buy a new one from Midway.

You are the first I have heard about them not covering the slide stop. You musta go a bad agent. Mine broke and i sent it back on their dime. came back in about 10 days