Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

correct eye focus

hal1955

when transitioning from target A to target B, my eyes go first and the gun follows and tries to stop where the eyes are looking. When shooting, should the eyes be focused on the target and the front sight be blurry in the foreground OR should the eye focus be on the front sight and have the target be blurry in the background ?

when transitioning from target A to target B, my eyes go first and the gun follows and tries to stop where the eyes are looking. When shooting, should the eyes be focused on the target and the front sight be blurry in the foreground OR should the eye focus be on the front sight and have the target be blurry in the background ?

The front sight should be in focus, the rear sight and target should be blurry.

Immediately after calling the shot on target A, look right at the middle of target B, then as your pistol is moving toward target B, bring your focus back to where your front sight will be when it lands on target B. So by the time the front sight is on target B, it is clearly in focus.

Transition speed is influenced by two factors:

1) IMMEDIATE, instantaneous, calling of the shot.

2) Simultaneous visual acquisition of the next target (either centrally or peripherally. depending on the distance of the target).

When you understand transition speed properly, there's really no "speed" involved. Moving quickly (to the next target) is the result of your INTENTION to shoot the next target as quickly as possible, and is manifested by the occurrence of the previous two conditions.

be

Immediately after calling the shot on target A, look right at the middle of target B, then as your pistol is moving toward target B, bring your focus back to where your front sight will be when it lands on target B. So by the time the front sight is on target B, it is clearly in focus.

Transition speed is influenced by two factors:

1) IMMEDIATE, instantaneous, calling of the shot.

2) Simultaneous visual acquisition of the next target (either centrally or peripherally. depending on the distance of the target).

When you understand transition speed properly, there's really no "speed" involved. Moving quickly (to the next target) is the result of your INTENTION to shoot the next target as quickly as possible, and is manifested by the occurrence of the previous two conditions.

be

I get it. Thank you.