Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Tech competition pack

zipper046

Just installed the Zev Tech competition spring pack (safety plunger spring, firing pin spring, trigger spring) and their newest connector. Feels good. Not as light as my other trigger was (homemade job with some Vanek parts), but the Zev Tech is smooth, consistent, with a sharp/clean break and short reset. Very nice so far.

Z-

Cha.....you think that feels good then you should try their complete trigger kit.....

Which one do you use Noximus? I've gone round and round....Vanek trigger (which was awesome, but felt a bit "squishy"), homemade .25 cent job that was good, .25 cent job with LW ultimate overtravel stop ejector, and now this.

trying not to go too light on the trigger...my PD has an 8# trigger on our issue G22's so don't want to stray TOO far from that and the muscle memory I've developed on that trigger.

Z-

Well, I run a variety of triggers on my Glocks, from GW, to Vanek, to GT.com. When I moved up to open I knew I wanted to have way less travel in both directions than I had. I also had the luxury of having 3 different brands already on hand. Ultimately, I ordered the drop in Fulcrum from Zev. That one also gave me an unintentional benefit as the trigger pad is wider that stock. If you are trying to maintain your pull weight, but remove/adjust the travel distance then take a hard look at the trigger bar they have up on their site. I'm not sure how far away it would take you from 8#'s, but it'll get the pre/over travel out. I've heard that the Vogel Carry trigger kit from Glocktiggers.com is pretty good, but I've never felt it. Hope the info helps, and thanks for doing what you do.

I run the same kit with finely polished everything, but had to go back to the stock trigger spring because the trigger absolutely would not reset 100%. It's still <3lb. with the stock trigger spring. I'm happy with it. I only wish I could get rid of some of the pre-travel.