Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UPS ARRGGGHHHH!

bountyhunter

My Para 1640 was returning home after beaming back to the mother ship for work (minor problem.... firing pin safety blocked the firing pin about one time in 20 at random and the gun didn't fire). So, I spent $48 to ship them the stupid gun. They did fix it in less than a week (that's good) and they replaced every internal componenet from the trigger back (transfer bar, firing pin, blocking pluger, lifter, sear, hammer, main spring and MSH). If that doesn't get it...?

So, I get the notice on the door: "Attempted delivery, will return tomorrow between 2PM and 5PM." So, I eat a 1/2 day's vacation and go home at 1PM to be sure to be there.....and find the second sticker saying:

"Attempted delivery at 9AM, returning package to store."

I blew a gasket and started calling the UPS numbers and actually managed to get through to a dispatcher.. and explained I have burned 4 hours of vacation (at $40/hour) to receive a gun from somebody who can't tell time. I red the first notice to him and he said he'd call the truck driver.

So, at about 5PM my gun finally made it home alive.

I had placed a notice on the door that said:

"Ring bell: I'm inside."

My wife took it down as she came in the house... I told her what happened and said next time the sign will read:

"Ring bell......I'm insane."

She said I should at least give him fair warning and add:

"Use all available cover and come in shooting."

I would have called them after the first attempt and have them place the package for will call. Then just go to their hub the next day and pick it up. They usually are within 10 miles of your house.

My UPS driver will deliver in the morning if the package doesn't require a signature because he can just leave it. When a signature is required, he usually stops by after 5pm. He's a hard worker, he's dropped off packages at 8pm on a Friday before.

The guys at the counter at my local hub actually told me how the route is laid out through the neighborhood --- so when JP shipped my rifle upper back, I was able to chase down the driver on a Friday night on my dinner break and shoot the rifle in a side-match on Sunday....

Not only are the FedEx and UPS drivers pretty friendly and efficient here, the resident managers routinely take care of ALL common carrier deliveries--even after 5pm (which is when our UPS folks tend to deliver here). I keep a permanent note on my front door, though, about where they can take the packages in my absence (manager's office), and we haven't glitched yet. B)

Seems, however, that the delivery snafoos tended to happen more in the distant past than they do now..... Then, again, the UPS hub is only about eight miles away, if need be.