Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee "U" sizing die

Destry34

I am having problems with this sizing die not being able to screw all the way down to the shell plate, like the die itself isn't long enough. I called lee precision, and the tech guy said to reverse the lock ring because the ring is slotted out for a rubber o-ring. I tried that and it did get down a little further but the decapper is not low enough to nock out the old primer. I called the guy back and he said that the tool head on the dillon xl 650 was to thick for their die. Anybody else using a "U" die on a dillon 650 and how are you doing it? Thanks

I am having problems with this sizing die not being able to screw all the way down to the shell plate, like the die itself isn't long enough. I called lee precision, and the tech guy said to reverse the lock ring because the ring is slotted out for a rubber o-ring. I tried that and it did get down a little further but the decapper is not low enough to nock out the old primer. I called the guy back and he said that the tool head on the dillon xl 650 was to thick for their die. Anybody else using a "U" die on a dillon 650 and how are you doing it? Thanks

put the lock ring on the bottom of the die under the press. If you use a dillon ring it will work on top as well.

Edited by Sarge

Yes sir, the die is touching the shell plate, the decamping pin looks like it isn't sticking out far enough, maybe 1/8". I called lee and they said the decapping pin is non adjustable, and that it probably wouldn't work on the dillon

Yes sir, the die is touching the shell plate, the decamping pin looks like it isn't sticking out far enough, maybe 1/8". I called lee and they said the decapping pin is non adjustable, and that it probably wouldn't work on the dillon

Bull$h!t!!

Look at the top of the lee die. The decapper should be flush with the top of the nut. If it's not loosen the top nut and push the decapper down then retighten. The pin will push up if it hits something too hard which means it's not down far enough to reach the primer.

BTW, it wasn't flush at all. Wonder why he said the decapper is non adjustable

Who knows? Edit to add. It's actually probably not technically adjustable. It's supposed to be all the way down to work. When it gets knocked out of wack it's just not in the right position any longer.

Make sure you tighten that nut pretty tight or the pin will creep back out again. Good luck ! Glad you got it figured out.cheers.gif

Edited by Sarge