Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Volume control on timers?

I have an old PACT IV and CED 6000 timer, which don't have any volume control on the buzzers, as far as I know. Anybody know if any of the newer timers have buzzer volume controls? I think it would make dryfire with partimes easier to do indoors without all the noise. I could wear earplugs, but would still be bothering others with the noise.

I always knew there must be a good reason why I never throw away a sock that is out of pair. Now I just wrap those timers in those socks, and ... what do you know - a perfect volume control!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... of course I washed them! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Duck tape.....the universal solution to everything :D . Place one or two strips over the buzzer until you get the level you want. BTW it's alot easier than sodering circut boards unless thats the sort of thing you prefer to do.

Duck tape.....the universal solution to everything :D . Place one or two strips over the buzzer until you get the level you want. BTW it's alot easier than sodering circut boards unless thats the sort of thing you prefer to do.

Dang, rwmagnus... that's almost too simple, I'll try that. Sounds a bit easier than the pillow treatment I was gonna resort to. Thanks.