Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

spike's .308 dynacomp

rugerdawg

I recently purchased a 16"lightweight ar-10 type carbine in .308 and as a member here was quick to warn me, "Recoil is a little harsh." This is not for 3-gun but more for general use (plinking, hog hunting...)so I find myself looking for a comp/flash hider to tame the recoil a bit. I know from reading in this forum about your preferences for 3-gun but I'm willing to give up some performance for one not quite as loud as say the "titan". Anyway I've run across spike's .308 dynacomp and was wondering if anyone had tried it or had some other suggestions.

I've never used the .308 version but the 5.56 version works just as advertised.

It's an effective compensator without the aggressive "blast" of bigger ones. It works just fine keeping rounds on target without blowing around debris or throwing concussive blasts.

A good brake is going to be loud regardless. If it works it will make some noise. I have used the brake you asked about and it was ok but I think the surefire line is better. I would take a look at the RWS brakes on Snipershide in the sales section. His brakes work super well and cost under $50 shipped. Just let him know what size you need and he will turn it down to fit your barrel perfect. If you need any more info send me a pm.