Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

recoil spring 9mm 1911

soe400club

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what is a good recoil spring for a 6 inch Springfield 1911. I called Springfield and they told me they were not sure. :angry2:

I shoot 115 gr with 5.0 grs of VV330 and it does not lock back to the rear. I use the Metal forum mags. Thank you guys in advance!!!

are you using 5 inch springs with the appropriate bushing or 6?

The typical 5inch spring is a 9-11 pound. I would try a 9, 10 and 11 and see what works best for you

I have a 6 inch bushing 1911. I use Wolf recoil spring. I tried 8, and 7 pounds and it will still not lock to the rear. Any advice?

have you tried different mags/mag springs? Are you using using the bushing that is made for 5inch springs in a 6 inch gun? ie does the spring go all the way to the end of the bushing or does it stop like an inch before the front end of the bushing

Edited by EkuJustice

The part that makes the gun lock back is the follower comming up and bumping the inside of the slide stop, it should do it with any recoil spring, if your slide stop has had metal remover from the inside or a demple cut in the side of it for the plunger to hold it from comming up from the pressure of the follower

The part that makes the gun lock back is the follower comming up and bumping the inside of the slide stop, it should do it with any recoil spring, if your slide stop has had metal remover from the inside or a demple cut in the side of it for the plunger to hold it from comming up from the pressure of the follower

Thanks guys!!! I used a 10 pound spring and it worked. :roflol: I was shocked :surprise: because I had a 7 pound recoil spring and it did not work. Thanks for all your advice.... :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...