Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Competition and MasterBlasters in 9 & 45

UW Mitch

So a BUNCH of years ago I bought a case of 9 and a case of 45 Masterblasters from Tom. He recommended and I used at the time ZIP. When I moved I loaded up bullets until I ran out of ZIP and that was about 4 years ago :) I still have a decent number of those bullets and I'm sitting on about 3.5lbs of Competition. I think that should be okay if I've

done my forum searching right. Anyone run into problems with moly bullets in 9 or 45 and Competition?

Seems like some people start off of the lead data and some off of the jacketed data - I suppose it doesn't matter that much where I start if I load a few then chrono, but I'd rather have a start that's close than a start that's way off (or worst way to high). Have a favorite load for 9mm in 125gr or 45acp in 200gr?

Thanks,

Mitch

I always start with the lowest starting load I can find and work up.

Wish I could still buy MasterBlaster bullets. All my guns (9x19, 9x21, .38 Super, .40, and .45) really loved 'em.

No problems with Competition, other than published reloading data. It is much faster than Zip, more like Clays or N320.

3.9gn Competition with .45 200gn lead bullet is good for me. Solo 1000 has been a bit more accurate, but then, in my .45s, 231/HP38 and AA2 are a lot more consistently accurate than Zip, Competition, Solo 1000, Clays, WST, or TiteGroup.

Haven't tried it in 9x19.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I might be a little late responding but here is my data. Out of my Kimber I get 171pf with 200gr Bayou bullets over 4.5gr of Competition and in 9mm, 147gr Bayou bullet over 3.8gr of Competition. While I am here I will really recommend Bayou bullets. Call Mr Donnie and ask him for samples. Great guy to deal with.