Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

wondering if Brian is going to be putting Brass Wand in the store

My answer to your question in my dealer forum:

didnt see this topic before theres one thing i would like to see in the store,

Brass Wand

The "problem" with having that item in my store - it's a "non-Dillon" item. Which means they do not discount it to me (as a dealer), and, I have to pay the somewhat expensive (because it's bulky) shipping cost for it. So I'd loose money for each one of those I sold. :) But I have tacked them on to press / accessory orders though.

I picked one up a while ago along with the sorting trays. Saves a lot of time and saves the back too.

This is what im looking for since i have a bad back as well lol(had surgery to replace L4-5 disk with titanium), but its cool i can grab one through Dillon or uniquetek depending on the shipping :P

It looks like a Nut Wizard pecan picker upper, and Dillon;s price is similar to the various on-line retailers selling it for nuts. There is a cheaper unit that doesn't roll (the HK701), and some big units that push (I've seen these used on cement floor ranges and they work well, not sure how they would work outdoors).

I suspect if Brian was interested in getting bulk inventory he could go manufacturer direct and get them at a price that would allow him a profit, but it may not be worth doing so - both from the bulk/labor for a small sale, and that it would put him in direct competition with Dillon on one of their products.