Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading for the glock 35

fellas

Hi guys i have an Xdm in 40 sw which i reload for but now I will change it with a Glock 35. With the Xdm I have never had problem when reloading due to the supported chamber but now when coming to reloading for the glock 35 where should i care more to the bulge or to the fouling made from glock . The cases will be passed form a lee fcd and is it safe to reload for .40sw glock

Thanks

fellas

I reload for G35 in minor and major, but I run all my once-fired .40 brass (sprayed with lube) through the Redding push-thru die using a Lee single stage press (~$35).

Minor load: 2.6 gr Clays, moly 185 gr bullet, 1.130" OAL

Major load: 4.2 gr Solo 1000, moly 185 gr bullet, 1.130" OAL

DO NOT load Clays for major with short OAL...you will get case head separation.

Edited by Mark R

When I load from my brass that's mixed lots of once fired, you can always tell the ones fired from unsupported/older glock chambers. (If you do a search, you'll see there are a few itterations of glock barrels. Some more recent offer more support.)

I run them through my Dillon dies on the 650 with no problems and they work perfectly after loading them in a number of guns. Just keep an eye on them and if you start seeing issues then adjust your method or take the cases out of your rotation.

Currently I am using 4.6 of wsf under a bear creek 180 gr moly for major. 3.7gr of solo 1000 under same bullet for minor. I have been experimenting with N320 an will be using that as my next load..

I run 3.9 gr of N320 with a 180gr Precision Delta Full Metal Jacket, OAL 1.125 from a G35. I read some people making minor with 3.6 gr of N320 out of G35 but mine will not do it, wont even cycle reliably. 3.9 gets me at about 130-135PF.

• 2 weeks later...

3.9 just to make minor? Switch from FMJ to moly and you'll make MAJOR with about 4.2 or 4.3.

Gun will not run at minor 125 pf, 3.9 gets me roughly 135 pf at which point it runs flawlessly. My numbers do not match others shooting same model gun and same round recipe, suppose I have a slow barrel.