Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4: Episode 8 (03 Apr 2012)

You know, I did find myself questioning Colby when he said the Webley was "the greatest combat revolver."

They are prone to hyperbole. After all, they say the "best shooters in the world" are on the show. :bow:

They are - they just leave after the expert tutorial session is over. :lol:

I wish they'd do the intro posing with weapons they're going to actually use.

You mean with a stick and and arrow? (atala?)

Bill

I didn't see anyone from last season posing with rocks. :roflol:

Well, I'd more like to see them using the G.43, StG44, RPG, PKM, etc. Although I'm not sure there are even any private non-dealer sample PKMs in the country.

I kind of wonder of some of the more exotic guns they're posing with are just studio props. That StG44 looks awfully shiny for something darn near 70 years old.

I think since speed was the emphasis in this elimination challenge, they should have made the winner the one with MORE shots. Would show who, hits being equal, was able to manipulate their weapon more efficiently.

Actually for fewer rounds I was thinking that you stop counting shots with the last hit....

So if one guy hits 6 times with the last hit coming on round 9, and the other guy hits 6 times with the last hit coming on round seven, the second guy wins -- even if he fired twice as many total rounds off....

But what do I know?

You know, I did find myself questioning Colby when he said the Webley was "the greatest combat revolver." I figure the M1917 .45 ACP revolvers would give the Webleys a run for their money.

I would assume they were basing that statement in part on track record and time in service. I have a pair of Webleys and I love them, but I'd much rather take a Smith or Colt into combat… or anything else for that matter. I'm really shocked they all shot them as well as they did.

You know, I did find myself questioning Colby when he said the Webley was "the greatest combat revolver."

They are prone to hyperbole. After all, they say the "best shooters in the world" are on the show. :bow:

Not so much from what I've seen. I mean how does a golf instructor get on the show. And he got really far beating out marines and IPSC champions. rediculous!

Not so much from what I've seen. I mean how does a golf instructor get on the show. And he got really far beating out marines and IPSC champions. rediculous!

It's because of the game mechanics where someone must be eliminated. If all the competitors were given the same challenges and they could build up a cumulative score that is looked at the end of the season, I think the results would be different. Unfortunately, most people relate more to drama of eliminations and the simplicity of X vs. Y. Witness all the hoopla around quarter and semi finals for major sports.