Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to make the sights "pop"?

TerryYu

I've noticed when shooing my 92F that it's a lot harder for me to pick up the sights compared to say, a Glock with TFOs.

Does anyone have any tips to make them stand out more? Mine are starting to get shiny from holster rubbing and I think that stray reflections off the sights are slowing me down.

Will the cold blue make them matte black again?

It should. If not, you could hit them with some paint, or a white dot with a toothpick. I'm assuming the sight is fixed, and not in a dovetail or anything.

Sadly it is in a dovetail. My SO tried to help me by repainting my sights with her nail polish, but she had some contamination and my front and rear dots are pink! Not the best color to pick up. :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had Cylinder & Slide cut serrations in the front sight of my M9A1. Then I refinished the sight in ultra black Duracoat, so now it's a glare-free black beacon out on top of the gun. It's not a good as my E2 with the Dawson FO, but it's big improvement over the stock smooth blade.

A forum member here drilled out the factory front to accept a FO.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104512

I don't mind a little wear on the front sight as it can help define the edges. Personally, I've found the best way to make the sights more noticeable is to just look at them!

Edited by Kali

i used a dry erase marker i had laying around the house and blacked out my rear sight dots and made the front sight red. this way if you decide you dont like it you take a q-tip and some cleaner and rub it off and try a new color. its also suprisingly durable ive shot three matches with it on my sights and ive never had to touch it up. thats probably the cheapest way to change the sights.

• 2 weeks later...

There are inserts on the market that you can glue/paint into the holes on the sights, different colors, whole nine...I've looked into them, but never did it because it's a little tough to get back I would imagine.