Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Metal Factory Defect

Nightrod

I had my CZ shadow Target just about 2 months now. I'm seing few marks of metal bubble in the frame (rail left side) and to the slide (inner Cut), it's not just a thought-image its true. Is there anybody there having the same problem or seing the same metal marks?

you have a picture of what that looks like.

is it the metal or the polycoat that has a bubble.

It's the metal for sure, not a scrath..a real deep hole.i will post a magnified picture later :unsure: .

Perocity is not uncommon in cast parts (I'm pretty sure those frames are cast steel). Usually additional allowance is made so that the part is stronger than it need be to overcome this occurance. It's very expensive and tedious to inspect 100% internally. In your case, it sounds like a surface defect which should have been caught but anything is possible when it comes to humans.

I'd send the picture to CZ USA and get there opinion, but if you are not comfortable with it, I'd ask for another.

Just my opinion of course.

i know it wasn't much of a problem but cosmetically, it will be too obvious when check the gun.. and when you open the slide the BIG bubble packet will be right infront of you eye. just asking if its normal ( bubble packing may be or casting problem)

Thanks

Just ask CzUsa or CzCustom about your issue. From my experience and from what I've read, you will get good info from either source. Follow up on it, maybe you got "the one" that slipped through QC. Anything is possible.

To err is human.

Thankfully, you have options to solve your problem. Maybe a new pistol is in your future, maybe not. Contact the appropriate people and either way you will get an answer. You have a pistol from a manufacturer with a pretty solid reputation in the customer service area. Use the opportunity for answers.

No bubbles on my Shadow. I would ask about it...

I can't identify the perocity on the slide (that would concern me as I belive it's billet or forge), but the frame is definately a screw up in my opinion. I think it would be ok for shooting, but given the price you paid I'd want a new one. Maybe even one of those new tan t-shirts for the trouble :D

Looks like the frame issue is in the polycoat to me.

Not sure what you are calling out on the slide, unless it is the polycoat wear on the "overhang" of the rail (the part that contacts the top of the frame) in front of the rear serrations. Nothing on the slide appears out of the ordinary to me, at least from what I can discern in those photos.

BTW huskerlrrp, the word you are looking for is "porosity"; that is, how porous the casting is (its percentage of voids).

Looks like the frame issue is in the polycoat to me.

Not sure what you are calling out on the slide, unless it is the polycoat wear on the "overhang" of the rail (the part that contacts the top of the frame) in front of the rear serrations. Nothing on the slide appears out of the ordinary to me, at least from what I can discern in those photos.

BTW huskerlrrp, the word you are looking for is "porosity"; that is, how porous the casting is (its percentage of voids).

Thanks Walküre, A Masters in Engineering but not in English.

UPDATE:

Got answer from CZ Custom i will send it to them and if they find out that its really a casting problem, a new piece will be in its way when they have it available, about 6 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...