Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armscor 9mm 124FMJ - Thoughts/Opinions

ErichF

I have been reloading a lot recently with Precision Delta 124FMJ, and want to continue using them. However, they are out of stock, and my stock is running dry just before Area 6 :angry2:

So, I went to Everglades Ammo and picked up two cases of Armscor 124FMJ. Has anyone loaded these rounds, and does anyone have a comparison of them against PD? I plan to use the same load recipe I use for the PDs (4.6gr of Win231 and 1.135 OAL - 138PF).

Thanks!

I Precision Delta 124FMJ, and picked up two cases of Armscor 124FMJ. I plan to use the same load I use for the PDs (4.6gr of Win231 and 1.135 OAL - 138PF).

Erich, I wouldn't presume that you can use the exact same load

specs for the new bullets (unless someone on this Forum

has tried it, and assures you that you can load them the same).

Be wise to test them, slowly & cautiously -

I'd back off to 4.2 gr WW231, and you might

have to play with the OAL to get it to load

thru your mags and into the chamber.

Sort of starting over with a new load.

Good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot tell you a lot yet, just got my first 1000, by weight what I have seen on my scale, if they are weighing in @ 126.7-125.2grs. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, just working on a load. I have 30 loaded up with 3 different powders, should been able to chrono in the am.

I just started shooting from my first batch using the Armscor bullets, and they came out great from the start. I loaded them on top of 4.4gr of W231 and with an OAL of 1.132

Chrono was averaging 1090 for a PF of around 135. Bullet weight is around 124.5gr.

Edited by ErichF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are jacketed. They seem to be put together pretty well, but the run a little heavy in our experience. I hope to have their full line available in the next couple months.

They are jacketed. They seem to be put together pretty well, but the run a little heavy in our experience. I hope to have their full line available in the next couple months.

Hi Steve,

Great site you have and probably will be ordering some slugs from you soon. It does not say that Armscor bullets are "made in USA" as it does under a couple of the others you carry. Where are these bullets manufactured? Thanks for any input.

Steve D.

The Armscor bullets are made in the Philippines. Thanks.

Wow, that was fast. I hope all is well over there in Naples this evening. I am writing from up / over here in Stuart. The non-branded 124 gr. JHP "made in USA" .355's look really nice. I need to munch through 500 HAP's I have and then I think I will get 500-1000 of those slugs you have there and see how they fly. Are you able to share who makes them?...I always do my best to buy american, so the Armscors are probably out for me.

Thanks, Steve D.