Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best drum for Saiga?

Alaskapopo

Hey pat whos making that saiga for you???

Tromix just got done and it should ship this week. Tony was great to work with. I went with a simpler conversion for now. I have an optic mount for the side rail by AKML. I want to be able to use drums with this gun. I may add a comp later. I got a firebird comp in my parts bin when I bought the gun but it was not installed. I have no idea how to do that.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

The MD is the only drum worth buying.

DO NOT buy the Alliance drum, I repeat, DO NOT buy the Alliance drum.

Agreed. I actually got one of the very first ones they made before MD had his. It is heavy and pile of crap. I put it up for sale and MD bought it from me for what I paid. He told me he ended up using it for a door stop after he compared it to his which was in production but not for sale yet.

I ran into a guy last season running an alliance drum at a match and because it was a POS he blamed the Saiga for the issues. I tried politely to tell him it wasnt the gun it was the drum, but he owns a gun shop and therefor knows more than me. :roflol: He is a nice guy but I would have expected a gunshop owner to be more well versed in something like that.

The MD drum is the shit but I prefer sticks for mine. Plus I am now and Akdal shooter. Still love the Saiga though. Buy from Carolina Shooters and you will have it in what seems like 5 minutes.

Hey pat whos making that saiga for you???

Tromix just got done and it should ship this week. Tony was great to work with. I went with a simpler conversion for now. I have an optic mount for the side rail by AKML. I want to be able to use drums with this gun. I may add a comp later. I got a firebird comp in my parts bin when I bought the gun but it was not installed. I have no idea how to do that.

Pat

The MD is the only drum worth buying.

DO NOT buy the Alliance drum, I repeat, DO NOT buy the Alliance drum.

Agreed. I actually got one of the very first ones they made before MD had his. It is heavy and pile of crap. I put it up for sale and MD bought it from me for what I paid. He told me he ended up using it for a door stop after he compared it to his which was in production but not for sale yet.

I ran into a guy last season running an alliance drum at a match and because it was a POS he blamed the Saiga for the issues. I tried politely to tell him it wasnt the gun it was the drum, but he owns a gun shop and therefor knows more than me. :roflol: He is a nice guy but I would have expected a gunshop owner to be more well versed in something like that.

The MD drum is the shit but I prefer sticks for mine. Plus I am now and Akdal shooter. Still love the Saiga though. Buy from Carolina Shooters and you will have it in what seems like 5 minutes.

The only people worse that cops to take gun advice from is gun shop owners.

Pat

+1 on the MD. Love mine. But I had to fit it for it to lock in properly. Instructions are included on fitting, and it didn't take too long. Had initial skepticism but haven't had any issues with it at all. Runs great. Except you can't load it on a closed bolt (at least for me, don't know if others can; I can load stick mags on a closed bolt though). Not too worried about that, it's always the starter mag anyway.

I tried the Alliance drum in a match while waiting for the first batch of MD drums to be completed. It was extremely heavy and stopped working entirely in one stage when loaded with high brass shotshells. I've been using my MD drum for several years now with few issues. You can "tune" the MD drum to the shotgun by playing with how many turns the feed mechanism is set before assembly. Light lubrication on the interior with graphite doesn't hurt either.

Jajaja and why is that pat????

Because everyone assumes cops know about guns when that is not always the case. They know what they were trained on thats usually it unless they like me were gun nuts prior to being a cop. With gun store owners its even worse because its luck of the draw and there is no training at all. They only know what they read in gun magazines. I also worked in a gun shop during college and there are some idiots in those places. The worst part is when they don't know something they will pretend they do and give bad advice.

pat

Because everyone assumes cops know about guns when that is not always the case. They know what they were trained on thats usually it unless they like me were gun nuts prior to being a cop. With gun store owners its even worse because its luck of the draw and there is no training at all. They only know what they read in gun magazines. I also worked in a gun shop during college and there are some idiots in those places. The worst part is when they don't know something they will pretend they do and give bad advice.

pat

pat

Pat, do you mean there are idiots in gun shops, colleges, or both? Haha!