Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new Apex Carry Trigger parts

mumzer

I had an interesting call with Apex yesterday about a "carry" replacement trigger they will soon launch. It is intended to work with DCAEK bits to yield a relatively short, smooth trigger that still has a bit of pre-travel. The woman I spoke with on the phone made reference several times to trying to move away from the 1911 style trigger. It sounds like it will be a combination of a unique sear and the aluminum trigger they use in the FSS kit.

I am not a 1911 guy. I am a Tanfo single action guy. My tanfo single action guns have no appreciable pre-travel and only 3/8s or less of total travel. I am still not sure why i would seek out additional 'harware' fuses in a fighting pistol trigger.

I'd be interested to learn if anyone else has any info on the new bits and how they might compare.Ultimately, i'd love to have a smith fitted unit, but i am simply not willing to put up with months long turn-around times and unresponsive service providers.

curious if anyone else has any info

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had an interesting call with Apex yesterday about a "carry" replacement trigger they will soon launch. It is intended to work with DCAEK bits to yield a relatively short, smooth trigger that still has a bit of pre-travel. The woman I spoke with on the phone made reference several times to trying to move away from the 1911 style trigger. It sounds like it will be a combination of a unique sear and the aluminum trigger they use in the FSS kit.

I am not a 1911 guy. I am a Tanfo single action guy. My tanfo single action guns have no appreciable pre-travel and only 3/8s or less of total travel. I am still not sure why i would seek out additional 'harware' fuses in a fighting pistol trigger.

I'd be interested to learn if anyone else has any info on the new bits and how they might compare.Ultimately, i'd love to have a smith fitted unit, but i am simply not willing to put up with months long turn-around times and unresponsive service providers.

curious if anyone else has any info

thanks

There are a few reasons they are making this trigger for the DCAEK and AEK:

1. It removes some of the pre-travel that the Apex sear adds over the factory sear that some did not like.

2. Some people do not like the hinged setup.

3. People invested into the DCAEK or AEK wanted some of the benefits of the FSS without starting over from scratch or spending more $$$.

4. It's supposed to remove some over-travel as well.

I can't wait to try it out to share my experience.

And it just went up online for sale!

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid60.html

This machined aluminum trigger is a direct replacement for the factory M&P centerfire pistol trigger. It can be used in conjunction with any combination of M&P internals presently available from Apex Tactical* as well as any configuration from the S&W factory.

Reduces Trigger Pre-Travel and Over Travel by approximately 20%. The Center Mounted Pivoting Safety bar prevents unintended operation by creating a trigger block that will not disengage unless the shooter places their finger directly on the trigger face. The flat target style trigger causes the shooter to place their finger on the center line of the trigger and encourages trigger manipulation directly to the rear (in line with the bore axis).

Works with all centerfire models of the S&W M&P pistol in any caliber presently available.

COMING SOON: polymer version (TBA)

*Does not function with the Forward Set Sear and Trigger Kit (FSS Kit)

The design looks interesting and I'd like to try it, but unless they can get S&W onboard to get these added as a factory option in sufficient numbers to make it production legal, then I'm not likely to lay down the money. Maybe if I was going to built a Limited gun out of an M&P, but I don't see myself doing that.

very interesting, might have to get one for my M&P Limited gun or would the FSS kit make more sense?

The FSS trigger alone allow one to get some of the benefits of the full FSS kit but for $100 less. If you are carrying/target shooting the $75 trigger might make sense. But in IDPA the FSS trigger will put you in ESP so I can't see doing the trigger alone. I put the full FSS kit in my 2 competition guns and I think the extra money was well spent.