Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tumblers

chp5

Here is the website:

Boeshield T9

Hey Phil, If you are putting this on loaded rounds and given that this is a penetrating lubricant, have you tested for, or found any problems with powder/primer contamination?

I am very interested in this stuff. It looks like it could be the hottest thing since Kroil (and sliced bread). Living in the Pacific Northwest near the coast, the aerosol looks like just the ticket for keeping things rust and corrosion free. I am constantly having to keep an eye on anything metal that isn't painted, or powder coated.

--

Regards,

That Boeshield T9 is pretty neat. I may have to check it out.

The Dillon seperator rules. I'm using my Dillon tumbler and a 5 gallon bucket w/ the Lyman seperating pan (I don't know what to call it other than maybe a pasta strainer?). It works good, especially when tumbling .223 rounds. However, if I ever remember to order the Dillon, it highly outweighs the Midway and really just about any other solution.

Rich

Boeshield sounds suspiciously similar to a product called Eezox - which I thought was great stuff, which of course meant everyone else hated it - and now can't be found for sale anywhere anymore.

I've not really given it much of a test, but I've let some rounds sit around for months that I sprayed (twice) with the stuff, and have had zero problems with them. I don't soak them or anything. Just a quick spray, then I wipe them off with a (boeshield stained) shirt. It's a real time saver. Feel free to check my ammo out at any match. They look new.

Phil

Thanks Phil, that's good to know. I'magonna getsum real soon now.

--

Regards,

Update:

Just orderedsum. It could not have been easier and after cost comparison, Boeshield takes it by a nose.

Thanks Phil, this stuff looks like it's gonna be a real winner in the corrosion wars here on the coast.

--

Geoff

Edited by George

I have the Lyman 2000 with autoflow. I use a square pan with the sides leaning outward, pull the plug and let it drain. I usually clean approx. 800 40cal cases at a time and when the media stops flowing I stick my hand into the bowl while it is vibrating and manually stir the cases vigorously and get the last remanants of the media out of the cases. I do this about 3 time a month to clean all of my brass.

I have the Lyman 2000 with autoflow. I use a square pan with the sides leaning outward, pull the plug and let it drain. I usually clean approx. 800 40cal cases at a time and when the media stops flowing I stick my hand into the bowl while it is vibrating and manually stir the cases vigorously and get the last remanants of the media out of the cases. I do this about 3 time a month to clean all of my brass.

toddrod - so would you recommend it? Thanks.

chp5, I would recommend it, and for its large capacity and price ( I believe I paid $84 from Midsouth last year) I would get another one if I needed one.

Thanks.

I have about $100 "Cabelas Dollars" (credtis Cabelas gives you for using their Visa card), so I might just use it to get the tumbler.