Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduced Power Hammer Springs for the CZ75 B SA

tfs

I have a CZ 75B SA (Single Action), and I would like to know the lightest hammer spring you can install without compromising reliability. My son is having a hard time getting good groups due to a rather heavy trigger pull. I'm wondering if switching to a lower weight hammer spring could improve the trigger pull.

I shoot a 75B .40 converted to SAO. With a 13 lb mainspring and extended firing pin, it is 100% reliable with CCI primers. I just purchased a 8.5 lb spring from CGW to go to the extreme end. I am almost positive it will be a Federal primer only setup. I am going to order the 11.5 lb spring and see how it is.

The 8.5 was a little too light in my new gun. I use a CGW 11.5 now, no problems with an extended firing pin shooting Atlanta Arms reloads or Speer Lawman. I bet an 11.5 is worth a try. It really helps with the DA shot. I have a CGW kit 3 and couldn't be happier. Lots of other options as well, but this is all I have experience with other than the stock setup which was horrible.

Joe

For my gun with the extended firing pin and reduced power firing pin spring the 8.5 was to light even with federal primers, the 11.5 works for federal but will get light strikes with WIN primers, the 13lb was reliable with everthing.

Thanks for the replies. What would be the lowest weight hammer spring that I could use without changing to an extended firing pin?

I would guess 13lb or 15lb.

13# works for me with normal pistol primers (CCI and Winchester). It does not work with my Kadet kit, however. I believe the 75B I have that runs the Kadet upper has a 15#, but it might even be a 16#.

Thanks for the replies. What would be the lowest weight hammer spring that I could use without changing to an extended firing pin?

I would guess 13lb or 15lb.

13# works for me with normal pistol primers (CCI and Winchester). It does not work with my Kadet kit, however. I believe the 75B I have that runs the Kadet upper has a 15#, but it might even be a 16#.

I had to go to 18lbs to get a 100% reliablity out of kadet with federal bulk pack. Which probably explains why CZ uses 20lb springs in factory guns.

Edited by Philo_Beddoe