Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag changes..

JeremyV

Man, I wish I had the option to set up a range in my backyard and be able to run drills. Best I can do is dry fire in my living room, visualize courses I've run previously at a local range and do some static drills at the range (don't allow you to do shoot and scoot on normal range days). Plus living in alaska a vast majority of competitions be it 3-gun, ipsc, steel challenge etc. are non-registered shoots and they are at least an hour away and usually spread out time wise. I would love to have a "real" uspsa, ipsc, idpa or multi/3-gun matches that I don't have to fly to and that are often enough to be able to have to choose between them. If given the chance even without any practice I would go to competitions, paticipate, have fun, be safe, pay attention to what's happening around the different stages, meet folks and shoot! Maybe that's just me.

I guess I just like shooting and trying new things too much to let those opportunities,

-Ben

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's quick. It's tough to dry fire with par time quicker than .60 because at .50 there's just two beeps. :)

I should probably re-word that better, It wasn't exactly .60 sec, but it was in the .60's somewhere, maybe .64-.65, it was 5yrs ago. lol

• 1 year later...

Training is important, but I'd say half of training is going to matches, and making mistakes. And don't spend too much time ingraining habits before you try the real thing, ultimately you may realize that you want to change a lot of little details when it comes to training based on your match experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Training is important, but I'd say half of training is going to matches, and making mistakes. And don't spend too much time ingraining habits before you try the real thing, ultimately you may realize that you want to change a lot of little details when it comes to training based on your match experiences.

good advice