Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can WC844 be used for 308 reloads?

Coleman

I read somewhere that WC844 can be used to reload 308, but i cant find it again. While it will be fine for 223, it would be nice to have a cheap powder for practice. it will be used on my gas guns and HK 91. I would like to hear some thoughts on this or web links.

Thanks Coleman

• 2 weeks later...

When I was using 844, it was before I had a .308, but, with .223, and 60 grain v-max bullets, I was over what Hogden called max, for H335. I really liked the stuff, but, my source dried up, and all the prices I've seen on the net is as much, or more than I pay for commercial powder at my local gun shop. :rolleyes:

When I was using 844, it was before I had a .308, but, with .223, and 60 grain v-max bullets, I was over what Hogden called max, for H335. I really liked the stuff, but, my source dried up, and all the prices I've seen on the net is as much, or more than I pay for commercial powder at my local gun shop. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the slight thread hijack, but...

You might try Pat's Reloading. He's got WCC844 and WCC846 for $85 or $90 for an 8 pound can. Also has other interesting bullet prices. Pat's Reloading Supply

Sorry for the slight thread hijack, but...

You might try Pat's Reloading. He's got WCC844 and WCC846 for $85 or $90 for an 8 pound can. Also has other interesting bullet prices. Pat's Reloading Supply

Thanks! :cheers:

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...