Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems with M2 firing consistently

Truegent2004

For this season I added new NC tube (holds 9) for Benelli M2. My buddy cut the NC spring so it matched his. The spring is long and pain to feed into the gun but 9 rounds loads very easy.

At a match yesterday I had 2 rounds not fire(No primer hit and bolt was forward). Today I cleaneed/oiled barrel and bolt rails. Gun still fails to fire about every 15 rounds or so. I'm not soft shouldering it or failing to reset the trigger. I always use Estate Heavy Game ammo (3.25 dram)

Can the spring length/tension affect my guns firing ability or has some hammer/firing pin/or other spring gone bad?

I should have brought the old tube and spring to range and swapped it off and tested. Besides doing this any advice?

What is probley happening is the bolt lugs are dragging and not going full into lock up. Resulting in gun looking O.K. but will go click and when racked will throw out loaded round.

Cause of problem?...solution?

Thanks Benny

What is probley happening is the bolt lugs are dragging and not going full into lock up. Resulting in gun looking O.K. but will go click and when racked will throw out loaded round.

Cause of problem?...solution?

Thanks Benny

The answer is to send it to Benny.

Although Benny is a very nice guy his does feed his family as a gunsmith and giving away the answer cuts his own throat.

Just an observation.

Edited by P.E. Kelley