Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Holster

Dr.J

Picked up my first 1911, STI Trojan 9mm, yesterday and am looking for a good quality holster and mag pouches. Blade Tech and Comp Tac have packages, are they worth it or would I be better off purchasing them separately. I am not wedded to either Blade Tech or Comp Tac, what else would suggest? Thanks

Dr.J

This is a really subjective matter here. It's really your personal preference so if possible, try them out or try to borrow someone's at a range session.

I personally like the Blade Tech and use them for my SS.

The new DAA holster looks interesting also, might want to look at that. Saul puts out some great stuff! I may change to this one eventually.

The Ghost Stinger has a ton of adjustment points, but the CR Speed pouches or the new Racer mag pouches are must haves. Kinda hard to give advice on what to get since no one knows a shooter better than himself. Best we can really do is give suggestions in the hopes of pointing you in the right direction. Good luck, and congrats on the new burner.

Both Comp Tac and Blade Tech make great holsters. I tend to use Comp Tac gear for single stack, but I would be just as happy with blade tech. I like Comp-Tac's mag pouches a little more than Blade Tech as I find they take up a little less space on a belt for a double mag pouch.

Either brand makes high quality stuff which will last a long time.

Both Comp Tac and Blade Tech make great holsters. I tend to use Comp Tac gear for single stack, but I would be just as happy with blade tech. I like Comp-Tac's mag pouches a little more than Blade Tech as I find they take up a little less space on a belt for a double mag pouch.

Either brand makes high quality stuff which will last a long time.

The Comp-Tac belt feed was AWESOME! Absolutely loved it when I had it. Sold a gun and the guy wanted my belt feed in the deal and gave just enough cash for me to throw it in. Kind of regret it now that my kids are shooting. it was more beneficial since i dont have much of a waist line to speak of, and I know it will work great for the kids and wife as well. food for thought.

what will you be shooting with the gun USPSA or IDPA? For USPSA if you think you might switch divisions the CR speed pouches are the way to go as they have spacers so they can be used for a variety of guns. The safariland pouches are nice and very reasonable in price but are a 1 gun pouch. For the holsters you can't go wrong with the bladetech or the comptac