Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZERO 9mm 125gn JHP-C Load data

Quick Draw McGraw

Zero Bullet Company has a new style 9mm 125 grain JHP-C. Item #136. It is a new hollow point with a conical head. I had been loading their 125gn JHP with 4.9 grains WIN231 with an OAL of 1.115 When I emailed them to get load data using HP-38/WIN 231 they told me they were loading them exactly as the older 125 gn JHP (jacketed hollow point)using 5.0gn HP-38/WIN 231. They later emailed me back stating the bullet was similiar to the Hornady HAP bullet and I could utilize similar load data. Anyone loaded any of these yet?

Zero Bullet Company has a new style 9mm 125 grain JHP-C. Item #136. It is a new hollow point with a conical head. I had been loading their 125gn JHP with 4.9 grains WIN231 with an OAL of 1.115 When I emailed them to get load data using HP-38/WIN 231 they told me they were loading them exactly as the older 125 gn JHP (jacketed hollow point)using 5.0gn HP-38/WIN 231. They later emailed me back stating the bullet was similiar to the Hornady HAP bullet and I could utilize similar load data. Anyone loaded any of these yet?

Used same load data for both bullets--Just adjusted OAL as they are a little different in design at the top of the bullet. POI was the same with my C-more (well close enough) not to have to change C-more adjustment.

I load their 115 jhp and 115jhp-c exactly the same. Slightly different impact (at 50 yards and a red dot), but much better group. 25 yds and closer impact difference is negligble.

I would load a few the same as your old load and then just test for function/chrono. Shouldn't be to much difference.

Hey Quick Draw:

I use a 125 new style ZERO for both open and stock steel rounds. I use Clays for the 125 for my stock guns. I haven't changed my load in forever just bullet profile so if you're interested I'll take a look at my books and see what's up.

Robby

Ics did you go longer or shorter with the new style JHP-C. What was your OAL?? When you say you used same load data for both bullets did you mean for both of the ZERO bullets (the JHP & JHP-C) of for the new ZERO & the Hornady HAP?

Sorry for not being clear. Same load for the Zero 125 JHP and 125 JHP-C. 38SC. Same OAL 1.234.

When asking for load data, it would be helpfull if you tell us what cartridge and what firearm your loading those into.

I'm guessing you're shooting 9 x 19 and lcs is giving you OAL for 38SC.

By the way, I've shot ton's of the Zero #136 bullet and use the same OAL as for the # 162.

They also make the #161, which is the same as the #162 but.356"(Same diameter as the Hornady HAP) and is very accurate out of Glock barrels :cheers:

O.K. G17. If it's a stock Glock barrel, try a slightly longer OAL for better accuracy: like 1.130" to 1.140". If you're looking to shoot minor PF, you could also probably knock a couple of tenths off the WW231 powder charge and still make minor easily. 4.3 grs. WW 231 behind the #136 bullet @ 1.130" makes 1050 FPS (131PF)out of my G34 and is very accurate :cheers:

Don

In theory, the conical will have a slight accuracy edge as the CG is moved back further than a RNHP. In theory, the RNHP has a slight edge in feeding reliability.

Your gun will determine how the theory matches up with reality.

PS: the conical section is the ogive.