Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skipping A Critical Step In Reloading!

Chris Keen

So, many people know that I am THE KING of Procrastinators all around the world, and I'm loading ammo tonite just mere hours before heading out the door to drive from Ohio to Alabama to shoot the State match down there, right? And I'm using once-fired brass that I made at practice today, from the brand NEW brass that I just loaded up yesterday. So I decided that since I loaded the brass only once, and swept it all up myself on the indoor range ...... there couldn't be anything wrong with it at all, right? :rolleyes: No cracked case mouths, no mud, spider-webs, gravel, debris, or anything else in the cases, right? So obviously, there's no reason to inspect the insides of the cases like I normally do. :closedeyes:

So I'm loading away & not even 5 or 6 pulls of the handle & the press locks up tighter than a drum, and wont cycle fully either up or down.

Then the next thing I discover is the shell plate wont turn freely, and when it finally does turn, it gouges the heck out of the platform! Holy crap! What a time to procrastinate. After about an hour of screwing with it, and taking both the shell-plate & sizing die off, I learn that I had a small piece of lead in one of the cases, causing it to not cycle completely & just to add insult to injury it cracked & slightly bent the lips of one of the shell-plate case holders. WTH?

It just goes to show, that when you are in a hurry & skip critical steps, like the inspection process, you take chances with fate. I think someone is telling me I shouldn't go to this match tomorrow .......... I think they are wrong & I plan to win!!!! Ahh but what the hell do I know? :devil::lol:

Murphy's Law has struck, so just kick Murphy in the face and wi... Well I guess I can't really say I hope you win <_<

See the problem is my gunsmith Dave Pruitt will be shooting there too. So... :blink:

However, I hope you have a strong showing at 99.9% and keep the man on his toes. :ph34r:

I will say this, if you do win, I will still be happy that a great guy won. :goof:

Good luck man and thanks for all your input into the forum as it has helped me a great deal learning this sport. :cheers:

Actually... scratch that... I don't think you're shooting Open this season. Is it Production now?? I hope you burn the A zones out the center at warp speed!!!!! You can do it.

Edited by OperationHitFactor

Strike # 1 ..... :rolleyes: I'm too scared to shoot Production with all that counting to 10, reloading, and aiming going on!!!!! B):lol:;)

But hey, thanks. Dave is a great guy, I've shot with him before, but come on ..... we all know "gunsmiths can't shoot" !!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: LMAO (j/k)

:sight:

Edited by Chris Keen