Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I agree, and bottling does make it easier to share (if you are so inclined). If you start kegging, a dedicated beer fridge is almost a requirement.

Like I need another toy to play with.....

I agree, and bottling does make it easier to share (if you are so inclined). If you start kegging, a dedicated beer fridge is almost a requirement.

I recommend a chest freezer with a tempter controller on it. 6-8 corny (soda) kegs, no problem!

kegging is the way to go. you can easily bottle a few at a time right form the kegs.

and if any of you are coming to the VA-MD section this weekend, we will have 10 gallons of our summer blond on tap for some pool side quaffing. Come on by and have a sample!

I recommend a chest freezer with a tempter controller on it. 6-8 corny (soda) kegs, no problem!

kegging is the way to go. you can easily bottle a few at a time right form the kegs.

and if any of you are coming to the VA-MD section this weekend, we will have 10 gallons of our summer blond on tap for some pool side quaffing. Come on by and have a sample!

Save some for the Area match!

Kegging is definitely the way to go. My beer fridge has five taps, but I only have two occupied at the moment. I used a regular fridge for it, and I have a chest freezer and temp controller for fermentation temp control, which made such a difference in the taste of my beer. Being able to maintain a constant temp in the mid 60's for an ale or lower for a lager even when it's in the mid 90's outside is great.

I just started about 2 months ago, have 3 brews bottled already, all extract brews. A Killians red, a summer ale and a Shock Top clone. I love this hobby. Had to find something new to do, since can't do much shooting anymore, due to crazy work schedule.

If you can find 3 gallon kegs, those are the best for regular refrigerators. They fit perfectly without losing too much space. Back in school, my roommate and I had two of those in the frig at all times. Im sure the wives would be unhappy with us doing that now.

If you can find 3 gallon kegs, those are the best for regular refrigerators. They fit perfectly without losing too much space. Back in school, my roommate and I had two of those in the frig at all times. Im sure the wives would be unhappy with us doing that now.

Nice, just found some 2 1/2 gallon kegs over at Williams Brewing. Pricey, but interesting.

Now that school is almost out you should check craig's list for mini fridges. A lot of them will usually show up this time of year. My first kegerator was a mini fridge and I could fit two five gallon corny kegs and a five pound co2 bottle with taps coming through the door.

Now that school is almost out you should check craig's list for mini fridges. A lot of them will usually show up this time of year. My first kegerator was a mini fridge and I could fit two five gallon corny kegs and a five pound co2 bottle with taps coming through the door.

LOL! I don't drink that much beer! I think I have more pleasure in making it that anything else, well, almost!

Edited by vluc

At one point, I had 6 gallons of beer in the fridge. Over 15 gallons in various stages of being created. I had a tap to pull cold beer at any time. Unfortunately, I gained a ton of weight.. Lol