Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting related Apps

I am going to upgrade my beloved Blackberry and am thinking about switching platforms and operating systems. Which platform currently has the most useful shooting related Apps, Droid or Apple? There is not js for the Blackberry.

Help please. I just don't know where to start. I am searching, but am finding so many places to search too. It looks like AA Academy has some great Apps, but there are some for the droid too. I am also not tech savvy regarding EzWinScore, and if being Palm Pilot Scoring can cross over to the Adroid operating system?

Which route do you see the shooting community leaning toward?

Thank you,

Gene

Edited by Wild Gene

Check out the new Practiscore app for USPSA matches and eventually steel, SASS, etc....runs on both Apple iOS and Android and is compatible between the both. I have it installed on a Barnes and Noble Nook simple touch tablet and also on my Verizon Samsung android phone. Faster than the palm stagescore since stagescore runs on older and slower palm OS technology. Practiscore is the latest app to run on the newest technology available...and did I say it's FREE!!! Thanks to sponsors MGM and STI for that. :bow:

Practiscore

Edited to add: Sorry for not answering your question directly...either OS (iOS/Android) is viable.

My android phone also has IPSC shot timer and CMCalc installed on it along with Practiscore. Can't answer for the Apple iOS.

Edited by Mark R

Gene I have the Practiscore installed on my phone if you want to check it out, as well as the IPSC Shot Timer. The bad thing about the shot timer is that par times can only be set to the full second, no tenths...

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know about Android, and I know it's too late lol, but iOS has a Surefire ShotTimer, probably the best little shot timer app I've worked with. Lots of features. Set exact start delay, random start delay, PAR time, enter email to automatically send shot results, sensitivity detection and adjustment, focus, echo rejection adjustment. Works great for me. Enjoy the new phone though!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check out the new Practiscore app for USPSA matches and eventually steel, SASS, etc....runs on both Apple iOS and Android and is compatible between the both. I have it installed on a Barnes and Noble Nook simple touch tablet and also on my Verizon Samsung android phone. Faster than the palm stagescore since stagescore runs on older and slower palm OS technology. Practiscore is the latest app to run on the newest technology available...and did I say it's FREE!!! Thanks to sponsors MGM and STI for that. :bow:

Practiscore

Edited to add: Sorry for not answering your question directly...either OS (iOS/Android) is viable.

My android phone also has IPSC shot timer and CMCalc installed on it along with Practiscore. Can't answer for the Apple iOS.

+1 for the Practiscore.