Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which shotgun?

Mike21STI

I'm going to be getting into 3gun and wanted to know what model I can buy out of the box and be good to go. I will be shooting limited so my questions are... 1are there any 12g shotguns out of the box that hold 8+1 capacity and have a 22" barrel? If so what model, model # etc.? If not, what aftermarket parts need to be purchased to obtain maximum capacity....

Any information for this 3gun noob would be appreciated..

FN SLP MK 1 will do it. Check it out first, it's heavy so if you like that, it would be the way to go. You may want to get the welding done on it to save your thumb...

Do a search for that model and there are thousands of posts here on it...Good luck!

What does the 3gun come with that the regular m2 does not(other than the extended mag tube). Is the 3gun worth that large price difference? I'm just getting into 3gun and was thinking of going with the m2 and just buying an aftermarket mag tube extension like a briley or something...

As Benny wrote, the M2 3 gun model, others are the Mossberg 930 Jerry Miculek, FN SLP, Remington Versa Max Tactical.

Still waiting to see the 930JM and the Remington Versa Max tactical. Both should be hitting the gun stores soon.

At least that what they have been promising! LOL!

What does the 3gun come with that the regular m2 does not(other than the extended mag tube). Is the 3gun worth that large price difference? I'm just getting into 3gun and was thinking of going with the m2 and just buying an aftermarket mag tube extension like a briley or something...

That was my original complaint about the Benelli 3G, that they did not specifiy or justify the cost of it. Benny later explained that it has all the common mods that are done except bolt lightening.