Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19 or Glock 26 for concealed carry?

Utah Shooter

My vote is the 26, it's essentially a 17, 19, and 26 in one small package.

If say I don't like the smaller grip, I can get a pinky extention or use a 19 mag.

If I want a little extra muzzle velocity I can put a 17 or 19 barrel in it. (I stand corrected, the 17 will not fit. Thank you waktasz)

If I buy a 19, I can't make it any smaller, but if I buy the smaller I can make it a bit bigger.

I do own a 26 and absolutely love it. I keep a 26mag in it and a 19 mag in my mag holster. That way I can conceal it better, but if I need to go to that second mag, I'm more worried about capacity at that point than concealability.

Edited by Giant81

Could some that say 19 please explain why?

1. Easier to reload if you need to. (I've shot a match with a 26, and 6 10 round G-26 mags. Reloading that gun is SLOW.....

2. Sight Radius

3. Shootability -- the extra grip length helps, and so does the sight radius. Everything's easier, especially under stress, with the 19 than it is with the 26.

4. Carry the biggest gun you can conceal/be willing to put up with

.....and get a 26 with flushfit mags for when you can't. Then practice, practice, practice with it -- because everything is harder. If you find yourself reaching for a mag with an extended floor plate -- you can carry the 19.