Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.25. Slide won't lock back

1911carry

I have a 5.25 in 9mm that doesn't seem to want to lock back on empty! I am using reloads an tried making them a little hotter, but that didn't really seem to help. I have a drop in pro trigger in it (which is awesome btw) and springer guide rod insert in it. I have taken the guide rod insert out, but no change. If you have an ideas I would love to hear what you think?

I had the same problem. shooting 1911 before the XDM I was use to riding the saftey. with that grip I was bumping the slide release on the XDM. Try shooting weak handed to see if it locks back then. If that's not the fix look at the mag springs.

I though about that, but I also have 4.5 and I have never had a problem! they are the same lower! I have not tried shooting the gun weak handed though. I will try that. I am going to start logging if it happens with all mags or just some of the mags!

I fought the same issue with my 5.25. Everyone said it was me riding the slide release. I was convinced that it was the magazines...the gun...anything but the shooter! Load some mags with two round each and shoot left handed only, so as not to touch the slide release. I did this, the slide locked back and I finally realized where the problem was! Great gun. I really enjoy mine. B)

I had the reverse problem, the slide locking back too soon. I had my first big match with the 5.25 from Cannyon Creek - three of the four stages it one time each locked back about three or four shots into the stage. Racked it and on with the show no problem. Otherwise the gun shot well and great accuracy. Another match this weekend and see what happens this time. Gonna watch my hand on the slide lock to see it it is my bumping it up but otherwise great gun. Any thoughts on what else may be happening??