Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which electronic sight?

Garrett

I have recently been offered a like-new Bushnell Holosight in trade for my PDP6 CMP. I'm waiting to hear back which model of Holosight it is. I currently have a full-sized Holo that I use on a subgun, and more recently on a Glock. It is a bit heavy on a handgun, but isn't a problem on a shoulder fired gun. It seems like another Holo would be a good sight for an Open shotgun.

Any thoughts on which would be a better choice?

I have a 1gen Holosight on my Super and it works great. Had to have it repaired once due to a problem with the electronics, but it was fixed under warranty and I haven't had any problems w/ it since. Considering how many Tasco PDP3s I've gone through (6 at last count, including 3 that were "bulletproofed", one of which lasted exactly 10 seconds before it fell apart in my hand), I've lost faith in the Tasco's ability to live on an IPSC 38Super, even with the lower pf. I know you're talkng about the PDP6, but its all pretty much the same. Another choice if you're looking for a tube dot is the Aimpoint. A little more expensive, but they'll live on anything.

-David

I have a PDP3 that has survived many thousands of rounds of major pf loads without a hitch. I also have two PDP5's that are my favorite scopes because of the adjustable dot size. The PDP6 that rides my open gun now is a great scope with an enormous field of view. My buddy sold his Holosight after it had to go back to the factory for warranty repair a second time. They took care of him both times but he didn't really want to deal with that anymore.

-ld