Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting in NC

We are finally settled in NC and adjusting to our new home and jobs. Have not had much time to shoot. I am more of a "hobby" shooter than a serious competitor. With that being said I would like attend a few matches as time permits. But I am wondering what is in or near Gaston county for practice ranges and matches IPSC IDPA, steel or whichever. Later on I am interested in 3 gun. Are there any ranges where you can practice a stage? Or has steel plates available? I mountain bike a lot in Lincolnton and almost always hear handgun fire, maybe it is a private range? I also enjoy rimfire and skeet and as a bonus my wife enjoy shooting too.

Tracker,

Welcome to Gaston County. My name is James and I live in Belmont on the north side of the county. We have a group that car pools to the local matches. Feel free to email (james.flowers at oracle.com) or call (704/825-3401) if you wanna join us.

To shoot locally you have Shooters Express at Exit 27 of I85. Public Indoor Range. You have Mecklenburg Widlife Club just across the line in Mecklenburg County and Charlotte Rifle and Pistol over towards Pineville. Both are private. But both hold public matches. MWC holds IDPA and CRP holds a "combat" match and other things. You also have the Gaston Range just off I85 at 321. Reston Lake I think its called.

The USPSA shooting schedule is Spartanburg on the 1st Sat, PHA or Rowan Wildlife on the 2nd Sat, Statesville on the 3rd Sun, and Spartanburg on the 4th Sat. There are also a lot of Steel matches, IDPA matches, etc within that 1 hour travel circle. Missed Spartanburg today, but woke up to stormy rain so rolled back over.

Oh, and Shooters Express has a "league" match on Monday nights.

Check NCSECTION.ORG for more info.

Welcome to NC...

There is a upcoming match at Rowan Wildlife Range in Salisbury next weekend. Here is a link to the forum.

http://rowanbb.drsus.com/

Check it out and it also has directions to the range. The range is private, however the USPSA match is open to public... They have five bays for the stages and a great bunch of guys shooting.

Also, I use Beanies in Oakboro, NC for all my reloading supplies. He sells guns, anything for reloading and reloads ammo (Class 6 manufacture)(Can make just about any load at request). Beanie has been casting bullets since 1977. Check his site out for the cast bullets.

http://beaniescastbullets.com/

Thanks - Rob

Thanks guys,

I will keep that all that in mind. It is so refreshing to be here with all the opportunities for things to do in NC.....year around!!! I am having a difficult (its a good thing!) time deciding what what to do! Mountain biking, dirt track season will be beginning soon, shooting, hiking with my dogs, and much more!!!

Hey not to thread jack but I will be moving down to NC in a few months probably. Just trying to figure out finances for a house. I will be about an hour and a half at most away from charlotte and would like to get to go shoot some of the matches also.

Hey not to thread jack but I will be moving down to NC in a few months probably. Just trying to figure out finances for a house. I will be about an hour and a half at most away from charlotte and would like to get to go shoot some of the matches also.

Are you a machinist? We need a few GOOD machinist.

• 2 weeks later...

It is that time again..Registration will open tonight at 9pm for the April 7th, 2012, Tarheel 3 Gun Match hosted at the Durham Pistol and Rifle Club (DPRC), which is NOT located in Durham NC. DPRC is located in Mebane NC.

Mark it down...Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 9pm, the registration link we go live…the link will be located on the landing page for http://tarheel3gun.com/ . We only have slots for 94 shooters for this match, so make sure you get to http://tarheel3gun.com/ at 9pm on Saturday, March 17, 2012…slot fill up fast…last match we had over 110 folks register for the match. Remember that you must receive a confirmation email that you are in the match…just filling out the info from the link doesn’t grant you a shooter slot. All shooter slot confirmations will be sent out prior to April 4, 2012.

post-14746-0-85557200-1332021597_thumb.p