Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 Multigun Nationals

All in all, I enjoyed the match but it was far tougher than it needed to be.  All it did was hammer the shooters (not to mention the RO's) and cause a lot of people to reconsider coming to Reno in the future.  Please don't take this criticism the wrong way.  Monte, his staff, and all the RO's worked harder than anybody should have to at a match.  I am very thankful our sport has such dedicated people.  Thank you for your time and effort.

Erik, thanks dude. See ya in Barry (or at A3 or A5).... ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't gotten a call from Colleen about my prize. She took down mine and Jerry M's phone numbers for the Safariland Gift Certs on a small scrap of paper, I'll bet that got lost. I guess I should email MV.

I have to apologize to Colleen for this post. I got a call from her this morning about the prize, she, like most of us has a life outside of the sport and I'm sure was working on fulfilling all of the prizes for the shooters at this match not just me.

This post was not an attack on her rather a reflection of my own foibles when confronted with such a large task with a lot of people involved. Obviously she is far more organized than me.

She is not only making sure I get the prize ASAP she is going to Safariland with my choice and having it sent, saving me the trouble of waiting for a certificate, calling or mailing Safariland and such.

A big thanks to her and my sincerest apology.

Todd

Bruce,

3 biggies that STILL have not beed addressed;

I won Open C Class, and still haven't received a plaque, 2 weeks after the match, anyone else?

When at the Open prize table, it seemed that people were getting called up out of order, after I looked at the sheet that was being used, I noticed I was placed 42nd, when in fact I placed 28th overall, but I did place 42nd in overall PISTOL. What happened?

Where are the results & recognition for the MOR match?

JJ

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that the Pistol Rules forbid you to abandon/stage (more than an arms length away) a loaded firearm on a COF, but allow the same action in the 3 Gun Rules. Either it is a saftey issue or it isn't.

Multi gun stages could be run as separate strings between each gun so that each could be cleared an secured off the clock prior to the next gun being used on the COF (maybe not a lot of fun factor with this idea), or the multi gun COFs could be restricted to either handgun and rifle or handgun and shotgun, wherein the pistol is shot first so that it can be safely holstered (8.1) while still hot and before engaging the remaining targets with either long gun. That way no loaded/unloaded gun is abandoned on the COF, and no gun has to be intentionally emptied on the clock, not to mention the lessening of the stress and strain on the ROs who have to observe and control multiple loadings and unloadings of different guns on the clock and during a COF. That is an accident waiting to happen.

3 biggies that STILL have not beed addressed;

I won Open C Class, and still haven't received a plaque, 2 weeks after the match, anyone else?

When at the Open prize table, it seemed that people were getting called up out of order, after I looked at the sheet that was being used, I noticed I was placed 42nd, when in fact I placed 28th overall, but I did place 42nd in overall PISTOL. What happened?

Where are the results & recognition for the MOR match?

JJ

Hi, JJ

Sorry to be slow to respond - I've been outa the country on business, and don't always have time to keep up with the forums.

I wasn't actually involved in running the match or the prize table, so I don't have direct answers to your questions. But, as I mentioned in an off-line email just now, I've forwarded your questions to Mike Voigt, and will send you whatever he responds. He should know.

Bruce

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that the Pistol Rules forbid you to abandon/stage (more than an arms length away) a loaded firearm on a COF, but allow the same action in the 3 Gun Rules. Either it is a saftey issue or it isn't.

Actually, at the present time the multi-gun rules do NOT allow you to move away from a loaded gun in a COF.

They do allow you to move away from an UNloaded gun, but only under specific circumstances (eg, gun has to be pointed in a safe direction, and no person can be allowed or required to move in front of the muzzle).

As others have noted, there was a lot of unhappiness from both shooters and ROs about having to unload guns on the clock. As we (the USPSA Board) review the feedback that we have gotten from this first, experimental match, we will be trying to find ways to tweak the rules so that the multigun game is more fun and has more options, without reducing our stance on safety.

Bruce

All,

I just noticed that the MOR results are now up on the USPSA web site in the match results for the 3gun nationals. I'm not sure when they were put there, probably in the last 5-6 days...the top 5...

1 MOOTS, CHARLES TAT FY40444 B Manual Open Minor N N 120.5464 100.00%

2 BURKETT, MATT L2135 GM Manual Open Major N N 96.0020 79.64%

3 CARBON, CARL TY21955 M Manual Open Minor N N 77.6406 64.41%

4 HOLDSWORTH, JIMMY A42038 B Manual Open Minor N N 77.1211 63.98%

5 CARLOCK, SHAWN TY32148 M Manual Open Minor N N 76.1285 63.15%

JJ