Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P22 pistol trigger work

HotLoad

Ok got my new M&P22 finally in hand. I would like to get the pistol as close to my USPSA M&P 9pro as possible. I had Dan Burwell do a comp trigger job on her and she is sweet. Is there any way that I can get the trigger as sweet as on my comp. gun or is this a lost cause?

I have a M&P22 that was bought early-on when they first arrived, and I am comparing it to my M&P 9mm Pro w/4.25" barrel (both left "stock", no gunsmithing work on either).

The M&P22 trigger is not as light as the 9mm Pro, but has a clean break. I do not have a trigger-pull gauge to measure, but the M&P22 is heavier.

• 8 months later...

So far i have removed the magazine disconnect and polished the striker, trigger bar, and a few more items. It is a PITA to reassemble that is main reason mag disconnect is out. Also polished feed ramp (made a huge difference) since i was having trouble w ftf. I wanted to see how this worked before trying to adjust pretravel, overtravel and reset. Overall happy w the results for no more time and effort exerted. Trigger pull is now slightly lighter and breaks clean but is nowhere as light as pro w work.

So far i have removed the magazine disconnect and polished the striker, trigger bar, and a few more items. It is a PITA to reassemble that is main reason mag disconnect is out. Also polished feed ramp (made a huge difference) since i was having trouble w ftf. I wanted to see how this worked before trying to adjust pretravel, overtravel and reset. Overall happy w the results for no more time and effort exerted. Trigger pull is now slightly lighter and breaks clean but is nowhere as light as pro w work.

I would like to get rid of the magazine disconnect on my M&P 22 as well. Any tips you can pass on?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After searching the internet from one end to the other and found absolutely nothing, I decided to make my own trigger for my M&P22. I made it from aircraft aluminum to eliminate the flex of the stock polymer trigger and to get rid of the hinged safety section that draws my attention away from the target every time I grab it. You can check out my new custom trigger on my website at http://www.minifirepistons.com/MP22.htm. Let me know if anyone wants one (or more than one) and we'll go from there.