Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need simple belt, holster, etc gear for a match in 8 days

Not the position in which I wanted to be. I need an inexpensive alternative to my planned (now future) Safariland ELS system. Nobody that I can find has all the needed components in stock (actually hardly any components), so I need a "Plan B" to that.

For this one match, I will be shooting an M&P 40 compact, M&P15 Sport, and Benelli SuperNova 24"

I have a Fobus paddle holster for the 40 compact but I'm nervous about how it will retain under certain match conditions. I also have a Fobus two magazine holder for the gun. Should I be getting something else temporarily? What would you recommend?

I may have to accept slow speed on the shotgun reloads this time out. I've got no caddies. I will have the TWiNS 12 shot double stack caddies, but I ordered them with no backing since I was planning to use ELS connections!! Should I use some form of pouch?

I'm so frustrated not being able to get what I want as my long-term goal in a timely fashion. I appreciate any assistance or recommendations.

AUGH!!!

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, do you have a Wilderness or 5.11 Tactical belt? They can be had at most gun stores for about $35 or so. On the TWinS, the cheapest thing is to get a backbone and mount your clips on that. The backbone will go on the tactical belts just fine. The Fobus should be okay for a few matches. You will need a mag pouch for rifle. The cheap method is the cloth pouches that go on the belt.

If you need a backbone, we can get one shipped in time.

Have fun at the match either way!

Edited by MarkCO

IF you've got a heavy belt like said earlier I've got some bladetech style AR mag pouches with Tek Lok on them that I can sell ya. When you get the ELS stuff you should be able to buy just the locking clip and pull the Tek Lok off the mag holder and mount the ELS clip to it. If you can't mount the clip to it, send me back the mag pouch and an ELS clip and ill make a mag pouch designed to work with the clip.

If you are interested, pm me and we can discuss it more.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Good New Update:

First, a big thank you to this community, not just a forum, but a community. The offers to help and the assistance have been heartening.

Second, through collective action it looks very likely that I will have a reasonable set up for match day a week from tomorrow.

Finally, I should have a small amount of time to practice with this gear as well as shakedown the new rifle parts.

I've ordered a holster with some improved retention but will fail back to the Fobus if needed. Belt, caddy backs, and AR pouches should be here in time.

Again, thanks to everyone that has made this possible. Counting down the days to my first match!!