Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Part interchangeablity 550 / 650

I emailed tech support at Dillon last night and it was sent back as undeliverable. So I thought I would ask here.

I'm getting ready to order a 650 and as a owner of a 550b with case feeder I'm trying to find out what parts are interchangeable so I don't have duplicates and I can spend that money on a bullet feeder :D

Will the cf plates from the 550 work in the 650 cf?

Will the powder measures and powder dies from the 550 work on the 650?

I have the aluminum roller handle on my 550. Will it fit on the 650?

What advantage is there other than the ~2" height difference is there between the 650 strong mount and the 550/650 mount?

Are there any other interchangeable parts that would save me some money on the change over?

I plan on returning the 550 to stock configuration and selling it and it's case feeder once I get the 650 set up so anything that I can re-use I want to keep.

Thanks for the help

I emailed tech support at Dillon last night and it was sent back as undeliverable. So I thought I would ask here.

I'm getting ready to order a 650 and as a owner of a 550b with case feeder I'm trying to find out what parts are interchangeable so I don't have duplicates and I can spend that money on a bullet feeder :D

Will the cf plates from the 550 work in the 650 cf? Same

Will the powder measures and powder dies from the 550 work on the 650? Yes, they are the same

I have the aluminum roller handle on my 550. Will it fit on the 650?Yes, I switched mine when I got my 650

What advantage is there other than the ~2" height difference is there between the 650 strong mount and the 550/650 mount? None that I can tell. I needed to get my press lower so I sold the 550 SM and bought the shorter 650 only SM.

Are there any other interchangeable parts that would save me some money on the change over?

I plan on returning the 550 to stock configuration and selling it and it's case feeder once I get the 650 set up so anything that I can re-use I want to keep.

Thanks for the help

Forgot to mention that if you have any spare shellplate ball springs to keep them. You will probably be clipping the 650 spring to smooth out the shell plate snap. It's easy to clip it too much and the 550 spring is the same.

I was going to say what Brian said. Dies, powder measure, powder die, roller handle, ball & spring, and locator buttons (however you will not have enough buttons to go around the 650 so that point is moot). :rolleyes:

[Edit: I moved up from the 550 to the 650 exactly 5 yrs. ago, and NEVER looked back. The 650 is, IMO the King of all Dillons simply for the No BS Lifetime warranty on top of all the other wonderful goodness of the 650. I've got a Bullet-feeder on mine, along with lots of other goodies and it simply Rocks!! :) ]

Edited by Chris Keen