Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any one have an old Flat Slide Release?

KungFuNerd

I busted the slide Lock on my old 2 Pin G17 on Thursday and had to get an emergency repair with an Extended release the day before my first IDPA shoot.

Bummer. I was getting random Slide lock and NO slidelock today.

COULD have been partially shooter induced but I'm not convinced it is all me.

The gunsmith that installed it was concerned that it wasn't "interfacing well with the Slide".

He said he could probably make a stronger spring for it but felt like we needed to ask Glock what they do.

In the meantime, I would be happy to find an old style Lock if I could find one that wasn't worn out.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

J

Edited by KungFuNerd

Brand new replacement OEM Glock part.

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/361_Slide+Stop+Lever/7155_Slide+Stop+Lever/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D361%26_Slide%2BStop%2BLever%2F

Suprised your gunsmith wasn't sure how to handle it.

Sometimes well worn Glocks will need the slide notch redressed as they tend to wear, especially if shooters use it as a "slide release". Technically not what it was designed for :blink: Better on all pistols to use off hand to rack slide after a lock back unless it's an emergency reload or your off hand is incapacitated, but especially on Glocks because of slide wear to the notch. :cheers:

Edited by reptoid

Thanks for that link.

I was looking in the wrong places.

So now after sitting around hand cycling dummy rounds....

It was my GRIP. My Thumb works its way onto the Extended release but i never had a problem with the original one.

I am a relative beginner.

Should I stick with the extended release and work on my grip technique to avoid hitting it

Or go back to the OEM?

THANKS

Thanks for that link.

It was my GRIP. My Thumb works its way onto the Extended release but i never had a problem with the original one.

Should I stick with the extended release and work on my grip technique to avoid hitting it

Or go back to the OEM?

THANKS

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Some shooters grip prefer the original more than extended. I for one am one of those shooters.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that link.

Or go back to the OEM?

THANKS

You're welcome :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...