Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody still use an Aimpoint Micro for Open Pistol?

gdboytyler

I just put an H1 on my Tanfoglio Open gun using the DAA mount and so far I really like it.

In addition to everything that's been said above, I like being able to turn on the dot at the beginning of the season and then just leave it on for the rest of the season :D

The C-more required a new battery roughly after every other dry-firing session...

Edited by gose

Also in fairness to CMore, they replaced my first STS w/ a new unit, my other STS is still w/ me but CMore promised to take a good look at it anytime it reach them. As w/ Aimpoint, they also have fast turn around time.

But Imho all makers of these should not make us their beta testers as their prods are not cheap.

I've read in one forum a reknowned shooter claimed shooting 35,000 rnds w/ the STS w/out any issues. I know he is sponsored by CMore. But w/ my experience w/ 2 consecutive STS's that bogged down in less than 5,000 rnds, I find it quite difficult to agree and believe to be true. But only after I shelled out $$$$ for the product because I believed him before the fact :(

I am having a Predator Tactical build me a Banshee. I decided to go with the Aimpoint Micro. Have had 3 open guns with C-mores. No gripes about a c-more, but after doing quite a lot of reading and research about the Aimpoint.. I am really excited to get this gun. Have also have some other micro dots that I tried on my guns before settling on the traditional Cmore. Started with a Trijicon RMR, dual illuminated version. Great site, dot worked great with varying sunlight. Also had a Cmore STS. Again no gripes about the site.. But for me, on both of them, the glass was just to small. I you lost the dot... it was just gone..

That when I moved to the Traditional Cmore.

But really really looking forward to the Aimpoint..

for what its worth :)

ps.... Currently.. The gun I am running has a the PT sideways mount.. Really Low index on the dot...

The Aimpoint is suppose to be just as low.. if not lower.

Edited by tacticalchef

• 1 month later...

so it would seem, Aimpoint Micro plus DAA is a way to go that no one has had issues with in a major open gun. is there a sideways mount for the Aimpoint that either brings the dot closer to the slide or moves the buttons out of the way ? what about the fact that the dot is 2 MOA smaller than traditional Cmore one ? or are you guys shooting 2 MOA...

so it would seem, Aimpoint Micro plus DAA is a way to go that no one has had issues with in a major open gun. is there a sideways mount for the Aimpoint that either brings the dot closer to the slide or moves the buttons out of the way ? what about the fact that the dot is 2 MOA smaller than traditional Cmore one ? or are you guys shooting 2 MOA...

I just ran BRM3G with my Tanfoglio Gold Team with an Aimpoint H1 in a DAA mount (this: DAA Mount )on top and I loved it. I turned on the dot before the first stage and turned it off when I packed up my guns after the third day :)

I had no issues with the dot being 4 MOA either, as a matter of fact, it might even have been a benefit since we shot at pistol targets out to 115 yards. :D

The dot is so crisp and bright that it doesnt bother me at all that its "only" 4 MOA.

Edited by gose

I'll stick with my Aimpoint CompC SM 7MOA and Blue Aimpoint Comp 7 MOA. Also use two Tasco PDP5's with the 4 dots & 45mm objective lens. I made the mistake of trading a NIB CompC SM 7MOA for a NIB T-1 4 MOA, never mounted it but did not like the small 4 MOA dot or the small objective lens. Wish I never made the trade. Ended up selling the NIB T-1. My preference is a larger dot & objective lens. IMHO the scopes & dots are getting too small.